Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: I have a question....

AVF Regular

I have a question....

I've been vaping for around a year now. I've only used ERA clearomisers from Aspire or Kanger to date.
    I'm interested in trying out cartomiser tanks now that my two new ProVari's are on their way.

I just have no idea about them and googling 'best cartomiser tank' yields fewer results than you might expect. I'd certainly prefer pyrex/glass to avoid the whole tank cracking saga.

I just want a really good quality product that's not overly complicated to use and works well. Like I said, never used cartomiser tanks before.
    Price isn't really a concern, obviously having purchased two ProVari's, I'm happy to pay for quality. Any advice on what (and where) to purchase would be great and any basic information on how to use them also. I don't mind if it's a single colour or has colour options and would also prefer to purchase from an Australian vendor rather than overseas.

If I've failed to specify anything just ask. Also, what's the difference between a two ohm and a three ohm cartomiser in terms of performance/function?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance guys.

Paul
    Leadership is solving problems.
    The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped have leading them.
    The have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded you do not care.
    Either case is a failure of leadership

General Colin Powell

ProVari V2.5 Zombie Edition, Innokin iTaste 134, Aspire Nautilus (BVC) with Brushed Steel Assay Tank, Kanger AeroTank Mega

AVF Regular
    Protanks get good feedback - I liked the mini's - they certainly worked well.
    Silo seems to be the big-hitter in the park right now.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

AVF Regular
    Hi Vengaman - have you tried to mini protank 2 and 3? Which one do you think performed better? Thanks

AVF Regular
    He's after Carto's Vengaman. I dunno - never tried, but there are a couple of people on here that swear by them. Hopefully they'll chime in.
    vengaman likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    my bad, didn't read so well
    Altered1 likes this.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

AVF Regular
    I have an answer - cartomizer tanks

All carto tanks work on the same principal. The important piece of the puzzle is the cartomizer. LR/SR pre punched vs punch your own holes vs slots. XL (45mm) vs reg size (35mm). The easiest way to get a feel is to grab a Boge f16 tanks and a couple of each of the various cartomizer types and have a play. Technique and Eliquid viscosity make a difference. High VG works best with slotted SR and long slow vaping. High PG works best with smaller holes LR and short sharp vaping.

I love carto tanks and in my experience you either love them or hate them. If you do play patience is your friend. Make sure they are primed properly to full saturation and they get better with an overnight soak.

Clearo vs Carto

Some ideas

The end of Boge F16 tanks?

SR - standard resistance 3ohm
    LR - low resistance 1.6 - 2.1 0hm

Use the online calculators to adjust your voltage/wattage
    http://www.onlineconversion.com/ohms_law.htm
    Last edited by Crisscross; 14-09-14 at 10:27 PM.
    styxs, Fatman, Altered1 and 1 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    If your using aspires and protanks now, then going to a cartomiser would be a step backwards. Aspires and kangers perform much more efficiently giving more flavour and vapor than cartos.

Retired Account
    Innovape make a lovely carto tank specifically intended for the provari. I have one.. it sits flush with the mod so it looks as if the whole thing is one unit. I love mine. It's pyrex glass, with a slight lip on the top cap so if you're a klutz like me and drop it frequently, it lands on it's lip and doesn't break. I've had mine since June and it's still just as great as it was when I got it. They retail for about $50 - $60 I think.

Otherwise there's the Boge carto tanks - F15, F16, and F17 (different sizes and therefore capacity). Cheap and cheerful at about $5.00 each. You need to be mindful that some eliquids will crack the polycarbonate these are made from.

Once you get to understand how to get the best out of a carto tank, you'll be hard pressed to find anything better, in my opinion. Of course, other people will disagree, but I love them and they're in my daily rotation... all three I've described above, alongside the Aspire Nautili, which I'm not sure whether I'd describe as better or just different.

I hate protanks, and other people love them. Just goes to show how we're all different and value different things in our vaping arsenal.

For a super attractive carto tank, check out Hoosier vapes (?) bella and elegance tanks. I think they retail for about $65 and they come in all sorts of beautiful colours. For more information about these, contact Hoosier vapes Australian distributor, our very own Crisscross (only joking, but she has a magnificent collection of them and she might share a photo if you asked her nicely - they are spectacularly attractive to look at in my opinion).
    Crisscross, Altered1 and Midlife like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    If your using aspires and protanks now, then going to a cartomiser would be a step backwards. Aspires and kangers perform much more efficiently giving more flavour and vapor than cartos.
    I have to disagree. Got my girlfriend on the evod's to get her off the smokes and she's about 4 months in now. Decided to load her up on a carto tank the other night and she loved it, and i have to admit, so did I. Being on rebuildables for over a year, i forgot how good a decent carto can taste.
    Crisscross, Fatman and Midlife like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    You know what I am obviously and unashamedly biased when it comes to carto tank but seriously you should try a wide range of new things. Some types of gear just resonate with you. It may be carto tanks, protanks, aerotanks or rebuildables you are the only one that can judge if it works for you and your routine and most importantly your Eliquid. And of course nothing is set in stone, vaping gear is relatively cheap so you have no need to lock in one or the other.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast