Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Are 18350 batteries a waste of time?

AVF Regular

Are 18350 batteries a waste of time?

The title sums up the questions.
    I'm ready to make the move to a mod. All the talk is that 18650's are the way to go and 18350 batteries don't last the distance.

Are they that bad? I've seen Efest have a genuine 900mAh version. How long do these things last with some occasional throughout-the-day use?

I'm currently using a Kangertech EVOD, pretty happy with the output of this, I just want to rock a different design, maybe a Smok Guardian e-pipe.

AVF Regular
    depends how much you vape.
    i only use 18350 one lasts me from stepping out the house to go to work untill i get home from work
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    I used one all day today and it got used part day yesterday. Not last night though. Depends how much you vape.

AVF Regular
    18350 is the way to go normally 2 a day and thats from the moment i wake to the moment i go to sleep 5am - midnight - if im vaping more then usual ill use 3 per day

AVF Regular
    Depends entirely on how much current your setup pulls & how much you vape.
    I can't use 18350's with my current setup - pulls more current than an 18350 can safely supply.

But a while back I was running 1-1.2ohm builds & would get a 1/2 a day from an 18350.

If you're just using clearo/carto's with 1.5ohm or thereabout coils then you'll get quite a lot of vape time from an 18350.
    Browny likes this.

i got a mech mod with a 1.1 ohm kayfun and i take one battery in my mod and 2 in a case.... normally that lasts a whole night out for me, my issue is i run out of juice before batteries just thought id add that i like my mods running with a higher charge so most of the time i take my battery out at around 4 volts....

AVF Regular
    I started out using 18350's. Used them for a good year and a half. Now i tend to vape a little more and i also go just under ohm now and a again, so i use 18490. Are they a waste of time? No - I love the form factor. Like others have said it depends how much you vape, but even then you just carry around another one with you.
    Last cigarette: March 14th, 2010 - Started Vaping Feb, 2010.

"Praise the God of all. Drink the wine. And let the world be the world"

Just make sure you get a battery box (there cheap as heck) it keeps them safe, and also in an easier to find shape and size.

I love the 18350 size and once I can find something that works for me that I can also afford I'll almost totally be running them purely for the pocket friendly size, any concerns about vape time can be taken away with a few spares.

AVF Regular
    Thanks guys, I've up until now only heard so much hate for them. I never disputed that 18650's are a better battery but as mentioned by many of you - form factor is a selling point.
    18350's win on portability. Yeah I run a kangertech cleartomizer with their new dual coil system, pretty lean. Shouldn't be an issue on 18350's then i guess. POW!
    Browny likes this.

AVF Regular
    18350 makes things more pocket friendly. hand too (no waving the light-sabre feeling). build matters to these babies though. if you take them down to the limit (c0.7/8) they really don't last well at all. i try and keep in the 1.4(ish) range and i can maybe eek out a day. 2 last a day easy. personally i would rather carry a 18350 mod+ spare 18350 than a ego / PT combo and spare ego battery. the experience is much better to me personally and well worth carrying the battery for. i guess its horses for courses - i couldn't imagine taking an 18650 tube every where - but a 18650 box is palatable.

form factor must matter too therefore.
    Browny and hugeonreddit like this.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast