Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapetoomuch
  • 1 Post By Vapetoomuch

Thread: Regarding coils

AVF Regular

Regarding coils

Hey all! I just got my itaste 134 mini, and was wondering do I need to regularly replace my coils? This is my first day using it, and I've experienced tons of problems... Such as unable to turn on/off. I washed the components to get rid of my juice... Someone help! Desperate!

I have the same as yours. I have had it for a month and the coil is still fine.
    Apparently you will taste a burnt taste--thats when you should change. Otherwise others change every month or two.
    I am still waiting for that burning taste but i interchange between 3-4 tanks.

You press 3 times and the itaste turns off/on.
    I have realised i just keep it turned on all the time until the battery runs out. I pick it up to vape and when i put it down i leave it turned on.

AVF Regular
    Yeah, no real need to turn it on or off. If your storing it for extended periods you should take the batteries out anyway. Change coils as required, no set time frame. Depends if you use it a lot or not much. And like the other bloke said, press the button three times in rapid succession to turn the device on or off.

Regards,
    Paul
    Leadership is solving problems.
    The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped have leading them.
    The have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded you do not care.
    Either case is a failure of leadership

General Colin Powell

ProVari V2.5 Zombie Edition, Innokin iTaste 134, Aspire Nautilus (BVC) with Brushed Steel Assay Tank, Kanger AeroTank Mega

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermugi View Post
    I have the same as yours. I have had it for a month and the coil is still fine.
    Apparently you will taste a burnt taste--thats when you should change. Otherwise others change every month or two.
    I am still waiting for that burning taste but i interchange between 3-4 tanks.

You press 3 times and the itaste turns off/on.
    I have realised i just keep it turned on all the time until the battery runs out. I pick it up to vape and when i put it down i leave it turned on.
    Cool, what tanks do you use for your itaste mini? I'm thinking of getting a new tank and clearomiser( may I know what is clearomiser?). And how do you wash your tank if you wanna change flavours, I tried soaking the tank and coils in soap, to get rid of the excess flavour, after that I experienced power problems such as it will automatically turn off and sometimes hard to turn on( with triple tapping)

AVF Regular
    The juice your using will probably determine how often you need to change the coils, some juices are coil killers which I seem to use I'm changing coils every few days I'm predominantly using pro tanks and kanger coils which I rebuild myself though so no big drama.

I think i replied to your other post and recommended the clear 30s.
    Chuck that iclearXI in the bin mate!

The coils are really cheap from fastech so when i run out of a particular juice i think i will just swap it instead of cleaning and rinsing.

Definitely get the clear 30s authentic from ebay or other vendor.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sliu121 View Post
    Cool, what tanks do you use for your itaste mini? I'm thinking of getting a new tank and clearomiser( may I know what is clearomiser?). And how do you wash your tank if you wanna change flavours, I tried soaking the tank and coils in soap, to get rid of the excess flavour, after that I experienced power problems such as it will automatically turn off and sometimes hard to turn on( with triple tapping)
    I'm not familiar with the tank that comes with the 134 mini kit, but it sounds like you may have loosened the bottom-coil head inside the tank, assuming it has one. Try screwing it all the way in. That is the only reason I can think of where cleaning or fiddling with the tank might affect your device's ability to fire it.

Your 134 mini is also compatible with just about every tank on the market, so buy a different one. The Aspire Nautilus Mini and the new Kanger Aerotanks are getting the best reviews at the moment.

Edit: Also note that if you clean the tank and coil head the wicks inside the head will remain wet for some time, and the thing won't produce any vapour until the water evaporates leaving only e-liquid.
    Last edited by Vapetoomuch; 16-09-14 at 05:43 PM.
    sliu121 likes this.

AVF Regular
    "What is clearomiser?"

Google says:
    "A clearomizer is typically a cylindrical polycarbonate or pyrex glass tank which is used to contain E-Liquid. The E-Liquid is then heated via the atomizer and turned into a vapour which is then inhaled through the mouthpiece at the top of the clearomizer."

Clearomizers are also called "tanks", but not all tanks are clearomizers.
    sliu121 likes this.