Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MelbVFR

Thread: Dovpo e-mech batteries in series?

AVF Regular

Dovpo e-mech batteries in series?

The ( my) Dovpo E-Mech takes 2 x 18650 batteries. They appear to be in series in mine. I have seen them listes as inparralel on some web pages. This link to Dovpo lists them as series. Dovpo 30W E-cigarette e-mech MOD better then DNA30 | Touch screen operation electronic cigarette
    Other pages I have seen state they are in parallel.

So I have tested the batteries after depleting them down to about 3,3 volts ( with multi meter/ not under load) and the batteries read differently.
    There was about a .08 volt diff from memory.
    That sound s like it might be bad for the batteries over a long period.
    I have returned them to the e-mech and I am charging them with the internal charger to see if they charge evenly.

Addit: So after a while charging from USB while in the mod, 1 battery is at 3.454 V and 1 is 3.463V.

I stopped there and transferred them into the external charger, partly because I think it may already show they will not charge evenly, and partly because I just got vape mail, a V-Mod to try, and I want to use the 1 of those batteries in that.

So, does it sound like I would be better off always removing them and charging them in a proper charger?
    And not let them run down relying on the e-mech's battery meter to know when to recharge, but rather take them out a little early and put them into the stand alone charger?
    Last edited by LimeB; 16-09-14 at 01:59 PM.

AVF Regular
    No opinion re if charging in the device is OK or always in stand alone charger?

AVF Regular
    I have 2 pairs that i always charge together in my standard charger I don't use the USB as it takes too long one pair is always charged and one pair is in the mod

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

AVF Regular
    I use a mixture of both options with mine - also have two pairs of VTC5's- sometimes I charge via 1A USB- around once a week - I'll swap pair over and give them a charge on the external charger - but as DJ says - always in same pairs . . . . Went away for a week - only used USB charging . .. no problems as yet . . .
    steve.c likes this.

I think you are being very hard on the batteries expecting them to read exactly the same when they are not a matched pair. I just leave mine in the device and put them on charge overnight with the usb. No problems so far after half a dozen charges and the batteries were not a matched pair. I have some coming that will be used as matched pair only.

AVF Regular
    I have a dedicated pair of batts for te
    He emech never taken them out but its common for 1 batt to wear a little more than the other in any dual batt mod

I have a heatvape invader which is the same as the dovpo I think? I heard batteries take a lot longer to charge via usb. Is this the case?