Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kanger battery issues?

Kanger battery issues?

Hi Everybody,

I have a Kanger 1000ma evod twist and the F-ing thing wont last half a day on a full charge... Then it takes near 6 hours to charge it on 12v from my vehicle (I am in the bush camped so have no other way to charge it)... It was purchased from MBV so sending it back for warranty isnt going to happen...
    Is it possible to replace the battery without destroying the unit?
    ATM its the only unit I have and I am out bush and it is driving me to drive an hour into town and buy a packet of smokes and pitch the whole thing up the paddock...
    Help before I loose my mind...

AVF Regular
    couple of questions.
    did it charge faster and last longer previously?
    If it did, check your contacts, ie the 510 connector centre pin on the battery and the same on the charger as they may need a bit of cleaning

Charger contacts get neglected often, we mostly focus on our mod
    Last edited by D1git; 16-09-14 at 02:18 PM.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    question 2,
    what you putting on top of your battery Atty wise
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    What voltage setting do you have the evod on?
    The ego style devices are really made so you use 2 of them(or more), so when one is charging you use the other and then alternate.
    The batteries in those devices are LiPo batteries as far as I know and can't be changed. They are essentially a little bag of putty with a couple wires coming out that are soldered to the circuitry of the evod.
    So one solution would be to buy another/more evods.
    You could also try using higher nic% juice so you don't feel the need to use it as much this will also increase the throat hit.
    Personally I think you need to get better gear that uses better batteries and get a proper battery charger with an adapter to plug it into your car and a few spare batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by D1git View Post
    couple of questions.
    did it charge faster and last longer previously?
    If it did, check your contacts, ie the 510 connector centre pin on the battery and the same on the charger as they may need a bit of cleaning

Charger contacts get neglected often, we mostly focus on our mod
    Is a week old and it has taken ages from the get go to charge and dies just as fast, and I have checked the terminals and all is good there...

Quote Originally Posted by soulvaper View Post
    What voltage setting do you have the evod on?
    The ego style devices are really made so you use 2 of them(or more), so when one is charging you use the other and then alternate.
    The batteries in those devices are LiPo batteries as far as I know and can't be changed. They are essentially a little bag of putty with a couple wires coming out that are soldered to the circuitry of the evod.
    So one solution would be to buy another/more evods.
    You could also try using higher nic% juice so you don't feel the need to use it as much this will also increase the throat hit.
    Personally I think you need to get better gear that uses better batteries and get a proper battery charger with an adapter to plug it into your car and a few spare batteries.
    Generally run around 4-4.4v on a Protank 3 dual coil... I have 36mg stuff but it is disgusting and I am like a day away from running out of 18mg Ry4... So the nic is fine... I vape less than I used to smoke... I wont be buying another evod as my biggest issue with it all is my brother has a 750ma clone that on the same voltage with a 30s clone tank gets near a day and a half... We have swapped mods and with the protank it still outlasts and charges a lot faster than the more expensive name brand unit by hours...

I have been looking at a new mod with an 18650 battery, but I only get a couple days at home every fortnight so wouldnt see it for a few weeks... Hence my question if I could change the batteries as **** Smith has a range of high discharge batteries in stock at home...
    I ordered the iTaste in car kit (unit that doesnt have a battery and plugs into the 12v in the car) as a back up today... But again it will be 3 weeks before I get to use it...
    Last edited by Gungnir; 16-09-14 at 06:14 PM.

AVF Regular
    I vape a fair bit and a 1000mah would only last me 5 hours. One of the main reasons I went with either multiple vision spinners 1300mah and the mvp's and got a few so there is no chance of running out.

You need to go a bit easier on yourself. Vaping routines take a while to suss out. Making sure everything works together and that you have enough supplies to cover. Don't be concerned about dual use while you get it sorted. You now understand that vaping can be the answer and you will get it right. Be patient. Hard to do when you have finally found the answer and you want it now.
    soulvaper and Browny like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Did the charger come with the battery or is it some other sourced one?
    12V to USB adapters are notoriously crap too, (so many people with cheap dash cams say they can't even use their radio with the supplied 12v-usb adapter used, such is the poor quility), again, is it the adapter a good one or some cheapy? If re-purposed from a phone or something, what is the mA output?

My 18xxx charger for my mech mods is a 2 slot x-tar WP2 II. Came with a car charging adaptor too and is about $30. So maybe if you're looking at mods, look into x-tar chargers and a fair supply of 18xxx batteries.
    Though bare in mind, even on mains supply, mod batteries take hours to charge too. (but at least last a day or more).

I think since innokin released the 1280clk , you can't go past them as you know they won't be using some ultra cheap and nasty cell and charger (IMO, as they've been good VFM in the past and not too dodgey and are always lifting their game)
    Last edited by coopz; 16-09-14 at 07:24 PM.

AVF Regular
    The main problems your having is that your battery is running out and your in the middle of nowhere so recharging is a pita.
    Judging by how long your evod is lasting you it seems you vape pretty hard and as I said buying another one or two to have as spares would fix that.
    An MVP would last longer as it has a 2600mah battery but charging is going to take even longer than the evod.
    I am guessing even if you have something that will last you all day you probably don't want to leave your car running all night just to charge ecigs without draining your car battery.

There are many other options if you want to spend a hefty chunk of money to get set up.

A rebuildable atomizer would help as they are much more efficient at delivering the goods.
    They also require some degree of learning how to use them safely and you need tools, Kanthal wire, wicking material and a ohm reader.
    A mod that uses 18350/18490/18650 batteries would help because you can just keep as many spare batteries that you need and change them out. Also the chargers for them are much quicker.

I got two 1300 batteries with my kanger tank and one was a dud, it will recharge but loses the charge very quickly. I emailed Greenhouse One about it but never got a reply. Ended up buying a cheap kit at the Chinese store which had a 1300 battery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast