Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What tanks SHOW and are FULL when they are FILLED ?????

What clearomizers SHOW and are FULL when they are FILLED ?????

I am sick of topping up clearomizers that do not SHOW FULL when tipped over after filling it to the top.

Guys, any tanks you know of that is really full when filled to top level ????

I would love to know if you know of any.
    Last edited by Fluffy; 17-09-14 at 06:06 PM.

AVF Regular
    I'm guessing your talking about clearomizers, as most rebuildables fill to the top.
    The reason most clearomizers don't fill to the top is because when you tip it over, it leaves room for where the coil is. This is the case with all I've used in the past.
    Browny and Fluffy like this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    Fluffy

Adam has a video somewhere showing a neat trick where you put a cotton bud up through the middle tube and fill over the cotton bud. You get an almost full tank in a clearomizer.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    I'm not really sure if this is true but I think most clearamisers only work at their best when filled to about 3/4 full. I was getting dry hits on my two Kayfuns when I filled them to the top but now I only fill them to 3/4 full they seem to work fine.
    Robray likes this.

AVF Regular
    I think Rod may be right. Overfilled my Russian a couple of times when I started, horrible! Soon learned there.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    I'm not really sure if this is true but I think most clearamisers only work at their best when filled to about 3/4 full. I was getting dry hits on my two Kayfuns when I filled them to the top but now I only fill them to 3/4 full they seem to work fine.
    Definitely the case with carto tanks. 80% works best for me.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Yep have found the same with most of my tanks whether they are kayfuns, cartos etc. I think it has something to do with the fact that you cant achieve a vacuum seal with a full tank cos there is no air gap. With my kayfuns if I overfill they just leak until they are 3/4 full.

Of course I could bet talking out of my 3/4 filled tank on this theory.
    akef38, merexy and vapevapevape like this.

I have no special talent____I am just passionately curious!
    I'm not MAD_____ I am GIFTED....

AVF Regular
    The Kanger Aerotank range are terrible when it comes to trying to gauge how much liquid you have left. The Aspire Nautilus shows you very clearly how much is left in it. The new coils are awesome but the cost of the Nautilus is still quite high for those on a lower budget.
    I don't blow clouds. I might if they bought me dinner and made me feel appreciated every now and then...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemolitia View Post
    The Kanger Aerotank range are terrible when it comes to trying to gauge how much liquid you have left. The Aspire Nautilus shows you very clearly how much is left in it. The new coils are awesome but the cost of the Nautilus is still quite high for those on a lower budget.
    I can see exactly how much is left in my aerotank. You can see the bottom of the tank clearly.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    I can see exactly how much is left in my aerotank. You can see the bottom of the tank clearly.
    I think he's referring to the new AeroTank Mega (given he's just purchased two off me) and the even bigger one which have a really RBA look to them and the bottom third of the actual tank sits underneath and it is impossible to tell hire much is left unless you tip it upside down, out of a 3.8ml capacity, there would definitely be at least 1.4ml unseen.

If it really is a concern for you though, it's been mentioned already, the Aspire Nautilus tank (or mini version) are both easily visible, the mini SS tank even has a little window on it. The SS tank on the full version doesn't just FYI. There is a steel mesh and glass tank but they're hard to find, ProVape stock them and that's all I know of, $13.00 US from memory.

As for the Kanger, just tip it upside down Armand, mine never leaked when I did that to check. If it's cold then just fire the atomiser to heat the liquid and you'll get a fair indication pretty quick.

Regards,
    Paul
    Leadership is solving problems.
    The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped have leading them.
    The have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded you do not care.
    Either case is a failure of leadership

General Colin Powell

ProVari V2.5 Zombie Edition, Innokin iTaste 134, Aspire Nautilus (BVC) with Brushed Steel Assay Tank, Kanger AeroTank Mega

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast