Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LNB

Thread: Needing advice on my gifted Vamo

AVF Regular

Needing advice on my gifted Vamo

I was given a SS Vamo by a mate that needs new batteries. I believe it to be a V3 going by its spiral appearance. It apparently had been used with two efest 800 mah IMR 18350 high drain rechargeable batteries marked V2.
    I would like to get it up and running so was wondering where the best place would be to get these batteries and what battery charger is needed to charge it? From what i have been able to find out, the vamo works better with the two batteries rather than a single battery, is this correct?
    And how long do they take to recharge, as i was wanting to keep this for at home use because of its size, and use my MVP2 for when out and while recharging the Vamo.
    TIA
    Last edited by Convert; 19-09-14 at 02:20 AM.

House of Vape has the batteries you've specified. I've used AW IMR batteries in mine previously. Prefer them as they seem to last longer. Using 2 18350 batteries will let you use lower ohm coils, down to 1.1ohm or push out more actual voltage at the upper limits. As the extra volts seem to give the vamo that extra power. Although it's been a while since i'ved used mine, I have not tried any of the higher amp batteries which may also allow you to use lower ohms... hmmm may have to try that sometime. Otherwise not much different to using a single 18650 battery powerwise being a regulated device. A bigger 18650 battery will actually give you a longer vape time. I think i could fit the 3400 mah in mine.
    House of Vape also has good chargers on their site. I prefer the soshine SC-H2. It has a digital readout, so you know how your batteries are, how long it took to charge and how much charge it received. Plus each bay charges at 1 amp. 18350 take anywhere up to an hour to charge. Usually around 45 mins from memory.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Roguex2x for your help and info, will check them out

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Buy some of these 2X Panasonic NCR 18650 B 3400mAh Lithium LI ION NCR18650B Battery NCRB 3400 | eBay
    and also one of these Soshine 18650 AU S1 MAX III VER 3 Rapid Charger FOR 1 4 Lithium ION Battery | eBay
    Supersports 600 is a member here and knows his sh!t when it comes to batteries.
    Sign me up likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LNB View Post
    Buy some of these 2X Panasonic NCR 18650 B 3400mAh Lithium LI ION NCR18650B Battery NCRB 3400 | eBay
    and also one of these Soshine 18650 AU S1 MAX III VER 3 Rapid Charger FOR 1 4 Lithium ION Battery | eBay
    Supersports 600 is a member here and knows his sh!t when it comes to batteries.
    +1

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Great customer service and help from Supersports600, have gone for the Soshine SC H2 universal LCD battery charger as it can charge the 3400mah 18650 i have ordered, and also the 18350 as i already have one of these. I liked the idea of having the two different included chargers , for home and for use on the road.
    Looking forward to getting the Vamo up and running
    Thanks for the advice everyone, its great to be able to ask for help before buying vaping gear when i am only a month i to vaping. Cheers