Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help Needed with Mod

Help Needed with Mod

Both the batteries I bought with a kit are duds so I went down the local market here in Thailand and found this. There is a vaper forum here with guys selling stuff but they are guys doing it part time probably to fund their own vaping and they never have much in stock. I'm in a country town way off the tourist beat but surprisingly I do see a few locals with a kit vaping it up.

DSC02345.JPG

The problem is it had no manual. I think it was stock left over from a shop that closed and the guy left a few things with other people to sell for him. The guy I bought it off actually had a model car shop.

Not knowing what batteries to buy I went with these

DSC02346.JPG

I set the mod at 3.7 volts given that was what the battery was. It was working beautifully and I was having a great vape but the battery went flat very quickly. I suspect I've got the wrong battery for this mod. Can somebody advise me to what batteries I need.

Also what is the best setting for long life of coil etc. I'm using a kanger tech pro tank 3. The guy at the shop is really nice, he has a lot of different types of batteries so I can go change them tomorrow.
    Last edited by logbags; 20-09-14 at 12:17 AM.

Super Moderator
    The answer is Trustfire batteries are notoriously CRAP

They are the right size for the mod but may have a very poor capacity ... it could also be that the supplied charger is not up to the job either .

Suggest you recharge your trustfire and get an order in for a better quality battery and charger set up

your profile doasnt say where you are so if you remedy that you might find we can source something locally , or as ever I recommend supersports600 items - Get great deals on non-protected, Chargers Lithium Ion items on eBay Stores! Supersports is a member here and looks after the community really well

If you are in Sydney look up Steam E-cigs , in Melb you might be able to hook up with a vendor as well as in Brissie or similar

P.S. there are NO real 4800mah 18650 batteries on the market the best currently is 3400 mAh ... yours is likely to be between 800 to 1800 mah at best .. its just blatant shonky advertising
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Battery size is fine. From what I have read here and there that particular brand is not good. Not trying to burst your bubble here, they say to avoid batteries with fire in the name. Sony VTC4's or VTC5's are the go. supersports600 on eBay is the man to see.

Arrrrr! You beat me Fatman!!!

I was suspecting just that, the batteries are cheap crap. Well I'm in Thailand, the home of quality merchandise like China is. He has some Sony and Panasonics. I couldn't help feeling how light they were compared to some of the others. I'll look for something better tomorrow. The charger was $3.50 as were the batteries. I paid $40 for the mod which was probably way to much but he was a nice guy and he was flogging it for another guy.

What about the voltage? Does it matter if you amp it all the way up to 6 or is it just a waste of battery. I was in Bangkok last week and you should of see some of the prices they were asking for stuff in the tourist traps LOL.

Super Moderator
    If you are using Std coils (1.8- 2.8 ohm ) in the pro-tank you should only need 3.7 to say 4.2 Volts for a decent vape too high and it will be nasty lol
    start low and increase it bit by bit til you find the spot you like

Be wary of cheap batteries , they pretty much mean poor quality ... a good original panasonic or similar should set you back $10-15 or so ... be wary tho , cos the asian market does have fakes ... you need to find a shop you trust sadly
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Well the second battery did give me a couple of hours of heavy vaping. I'll go back in the morning to see if I can swap them over for something a bit more heavy duty. With a good brand name how many hours should I get at 4.0v? I need to know this to check if I buy the real battery or a fake. I kind of figured I was cheaping out as the Thai guys selling online had batteries at 300 baht but I paid only 100 baht. They were only selling a brand called efest with chargers called nitecore.

AVF Regular
    It looks like you bought yourself a Vamo V2, which you can read about here: 2013 Sigelei Vamo Vv Mod Vamo V2 Vamo Vv Mod Ecig E Cigarette Vamo Ecig Black Chrome/white Chrome/stainless Steel For Choice - Buy Vamo Vv,E-cig Vv Vamo Mod,E Cig Vv Vamo Mod Product on Alibaba.com

$40 isn't a horrible price. Efest batteries are fine, as are the Nitecore chargers from what I've heard. You can pretty much use any battery you want in that device, as long as it's the right size (18650, or 18350 x1 or x2). Just stay away from anything with "fire" in the name, like Merexy said. As to what voltage will last you the longest, the obvious answer is the lowest voltage setting on your device, though you might not get much vapour.

Edit: Everyone vapes differently so it's hard to say how long your battery should last. 2 hours of vaping on one charge of an 18650 sounds a little low for your device.
    Last edited by Vapetoomuch; 20-09-14 at 02:06 AM.
    coopz likes this.

Super Moderator
    efest will be better than the trustfires
    A good 2000mAh + battery should last in your mod at least 6-8 hours even if you are a very heavy vaper , up to all day if you are not so heavy .
    Nitecore chargers are much better than the cheap one you have .

With batteries and chargers you shouldnt skimp... the better the quality of them , the easier your vaping experience is going to be

Well thanks a lot for giving me that link. I can actually see how to work it now. It's putting out 1.9 on the battery while set on 4 volts. It's a nice vape and I'm pretty happy on finding one here as I'm not exactly in a tourist town. I'll probably keep these cheapo batteries as at least I know I'll get a solid hour and a half out of one so I can use them when needed. It's certainly a solid unit. I was thinking I'd bought a no name and probably paid too much but the box says Sigelei and was marked at nearly 60 bucks. He only had the one and I think he was probably very happy to unload it.

I went back to see the guy and swapped those two dodgy batteries for an efest 2250 which is a brand which VapeKing stocks so it must be a reasonable brand. Unfortunately he only had one so I'll have to have a hunt around to see if I can find another one. It was priced at about $6.50 Aud so wasn't too expensive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast