Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Best Cig-a-Like? Or something for going out?

Question Best Cig-a-Like? Or something for going out?

Hello, new vapour here. Just wondering what is the best Cig-a-like I can buy? The problem is, is shipping costs... See, I was looking at the Mig 21 Clear Fusion starter kit. But, after realising that I dont want to pay $40 for 3 new tanks ("up to 21 refills per tank" Holds 1.3 ML. Or is that not a bad price??) I'm wondering if I can do better? and if something else is going to be cheaper? I was looking at an MVP 2.0 and putting a nautilus mini on there as some say that's good for just putting in your pocket as I only really smoke when I go out. I just really want a cig-a-like as I'm not a regular smoker. (2-3 cigs a day) Change my mind if you think otherwise...

Super Moderator
    If it HAS to be a cigalike , something like a joyetech e-roll or similar ?

Joyetech eRoll-C

But quite seriously a simple ego battery and clearomiser ( nautilus, mini protank, evod, lots more ) is fine for a night out

Joyetech eGo-T, Tank System starter kits

You can also use variable voltage/wattage stuff like ego-twist, vision spinners etc etc
    Altered1 likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    What the large guy behind the curtain wrote.
    Spinner/Evod battery with a matched clearo is not anymore noticable than a cig-a-like and will give you much more satisfaction.

AVF Regular
    When you say cig-a-like, are you talking look or form factor?
    By which i mean to say do you want the sameish size, or for it to look like a traditional ciggy?

I have a whole bunch of these:

Be happy to send you one, they charge of a micro USB cable - last a couple og months - or longer with your useage.

Ones that look like cigs - had a couple, they were shite.

AVF Regular
    If you must go that way, manual 510 battery and vision nano clearomizers. Bout as good as I've found in that form factor.

I think HoV has some nanos in?
    Midlife likes this.

AVF Regular
    Back when I cared about having a full range of ecigs (cigalike/eGo/Mods), I went through a few cigalikes to find the best one.

The best cigalike is most definitely the 808. Compared to the 808 cigalike, the joyetech510 functions and feels like garbage. I found out later that the 808 cigalike has actually been adopted by a lot of well known brands such as V2 and Halo-Ecigs. I believe the 808 is manufatured by Kangertech Shenzhen.

If you like to fill your own cartomizers, and use non-fancy looking cigalikes, the 808 is vailable at heaven gifts: KangerTech KR808D-1 E-Cigarette | Heaven Gifts

Make sure you purchase the empty 808 cartomizers, and not the 510.

If you just want to play it simple (and pay more) with pre-filled cartos, you've got the V2 (very popular US brand) : Electronic Cigarette Starter Kits at V2 Cigs

Halo Ecigs, also another popular brand sells them: Electronic Smokeless Cigarettes G6 | Halo Cigs

I recommend purchasing a portable charger for these. There are many 808 portable chargers. I would recommend one that gives you some slots to put extra cartomizers in, like this: http://www.thecabinetcompany.co.uk/i...r-v1-power.jpg
    Last edited by PurpleVapes; 22-09-14 at 12:04 AM.
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    If you must go that way, manual 510 battery and vision nano clearomizers. Bout as good as I've found in that form factor.

I think HoV has some nanos in?
    This what my wife has always used ( auto batteries) since we found the nano's. Some cheap no name batteries wont run with the 1.8 ohm nano's but the Joytech batteries work fine.
    She has also used these batteries KangerTech New E-smart 510 BCC clearomizer starter kits with the nano's.

Cheers
    Midlife

Quote Originally Posted by Skoville View Post
    When you say cig-a-like, are you talking look or form factor?
    By which i mean to say do you want the sameish size, or for it to look like a traditional ciggy?

I have a whole bunch of these:

Be happy to send you one, they charge of a micro USB cable - last a couple og months - or longer with your useage.

Ones that look like cigs - had a couple, they were shite.
    Hahah, I'm looking for the cig "look". Or even a ego-style look. The thing is, is that I don't want the vapour to die down when the battery becomes low. Which is like most of the small form factor ego-like e-cigs. Continuous or regulated power would be great, but then should I be looking at more at a box mod? And what you have there is not my style ahahaha. But I appreciate your offer

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Back when I cared about having a full range of ecigs (cigalike/eGo/Mods), I went through a few cigalikes to find the best one.

The best cigalike is most definitely the 808. Compared to the 808 cigalike, the joyetech510 functions and feels like garbage. I found out later that the 808 cigalike has actually been adopted by a lot of well known brands such as V2 and Halo-Ecigs. I believe the 808 is manufatured by Kangertech Shenzhen.

If you like to fill your own cartomizers, and use non-fancy looking cigalikes, the 808 is vailable at heaven gifts: KangerTech KR808D-1 E-Cigarette | Heaven Gifts

Make sure you purchase the empty 808 cartomizers, and not the 510.

If you just want to play it simple (and pay more) with pre-filled cartos, you've got the V2 (very popular US brand) : Electronic Cigarette Starter Kits at V2 Cigs

Halo Ecigs, also another popular brand sells them: Electronic Smokeless Cigarettes G6 | Halo Cigs

I recommend purchasing a portable charger for these. There are many 808 portable chargers. I would recommend one that gives you some slots to put extra cartomizers in, like this: http://www.thecabinetcompany.co.uk/i...r-v1-power.jpg
    I've tried V2 but it never kicked off... And shipping is a *****. I think something like an MVP 2.0 is looking more like the thing I'm going to have to get. It's pretty small and I probably just have to accept that cig-a-like's aren't that great...
    MrGruffy, Altered1 and PurpleVapes like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jakiemabee View Post
    I've tried V2 but it never kicked off... And shipping is a *****. I think something like an MVP 2.0 is looking more like the thing I'm going to have to get. It's pretty small and I probably just have to accept that cig-a-like's aren't that great...
    In that case, you might want to check this thread: eLeaf iStick

The eleaf is smaller than the MVP, and still has a 2200mah battery capacity, and its two thirds the price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast