Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Never tried Cartos but looking at a Billet Box

Never tried Cartos but looking at a Billet Box

I’ve been contemplating the Billet Box for some time now. What attracts me is the quality, size, looks and I have to admit - “cool factor”.
    Having come close to purchasing one several times. Thwarte by the dreaded BB website credit card refusal and a "pick-up" only AVF FS snafu - I thought I’d take a more measured approach to choosing.

I presently own a 30w channa and a Provari mini. My standard coil is a micro at 1.2-1.6 ohms on a Russian or a Rose V2 and I rarely vape over 4 volts. I’m interested in flavour mostly and reasonable clouds - I’m not a chaser by any means.

So, I know the mechanics and limitations of the BB but what I have never experienced is Cartos.

My question is - what would Carto and BB users recommend I purchase to see if carts are my thing. Vapeking has some dirt cheap Boge 16 & 17 kits that don’t look too bad but would this be a poor representation? As far as cartos go is the BB any better than a tank? Is the main advantage just tank capacity and over all device form factor / quality?

Thanks for any advice

AVF Regular
    As a long term carto user before i got into rebuildables i'd say grab yourself a boge F16. The tank wont effect how the carto performs and F16 is a great performing carto.
    Fatman and Pipesub like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Grab a BB they are sensational. The carto thing is dead easy just youtube the priming bit and you`re away. House of Vape have these on special as well and they sit really well on an LBCB so I reckon they are worth a look.

X8 Cartomizer Tank
    Pipesub likes this.
    Not in need of peoples issues

Quote Originally Posted by hank View Post
    Grab a BB they are sensational. The carto thing is dead easy just youtube the priming bit and you`re away. House of Vape have these on special as well and they sit really well on an LBCB so I reckon they are worth a look.

X8 Cartomizer Tank
    X8 looks interesting.
    LBCB? Large Bottom coiled Babe?

LBCB.jpg

AVF Regular
    Ah no. just a rare mod.
    Not in need of peoples issues

Super Moderator
    On the subject of the billet box - the first version had no under voltage cut off. Just wondered if that has changed as I see some people use either imr or unprotected batts in it.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

Quote Originally Posted by hank View Post
    Ah no. just a rare mod.
    C'mon, throw a guy a bone mate. That was worth a chuckle. Obviously a mod but I guess with rarity goes nonplused acknowledgment.

Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    On the subject of the billet box - the first version had no under voltage cut off. Just wondered if that has changed as I see some people use either imr or unprotected batts in it.
    Hey Giruvian - I'm not an owner of a BB or any rare mod but I managed to find this on the BB FB page.
    Circa 2013

Q. What kind of power protection does the Billet Box provide?
    A. The Billet Box is protected against over-voltage up to 12 volts, current over 3 amps and reversed polarity.
    Also, in the event of a major battery failure the body of the Billet Box is designed to vent through the air intake (on the side) and the seams of the back plate.

Super Moderator
    thanks Pipesub.

But as you can see - there's no undervoltage cut off for your batteries. Which means if you don't use protected batteries, it'd be easy to over discharge your batteries.

I thought they must have changed the design and added the cut off, but apparently not.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    thanks Pipesub.

But as you can see - there's no undervoltage cut off for your batteries. Which means if you don't use protected batteries, it'd be easy to over discharge your batteries.

I thought they must have changed the design and added the cut off, but apparently not.
    Yeah, I suspected as much as they recommend AW IMRs

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast