Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: RBAs, RDAs & novice gear

AVF Regular

RBAs, RDAs & novice gear

Possibly a newbies post, but it's hardware related.
    I'm running one of the bigger kangertech cleartomizers with a .8 sub ohm coil.
    Everyone who's a serious vaper seems to be running the RBS or RDA thing with all that wrapping of wires and soaking of wicks.
    I just screw in my pre-packed coil (i'm getting more out of my new 0.8's than the stock 1.5') and vape quite happily.

So...what would I get out of venturing into builds and RBAs and RDAs etc? It's more hassle, so I'm guessing a better vape? Better how?

JWH
    AVF Regular
    Chamber flow, airflow, aesthetics just to name a few, you have more control over the subtle things that improve and personalise your vape. For me I like the tinkering and the fact that I fully control certain aspects of the RDA/RBA (depending what is adjustable), I also get satisfaction from seeing a coil that I have built perfectly ..
    Those are just a few things bud, but you are right... If you have no desire to get into RDA/RBA and have a sufficiently pleasurable experience with the pre made kanger coils, then that's your prerogative..
    On a side note I didn't know they made .8 ohms but that's pretty kick as$

I would say if you are getting a pleasurable experience stick to what you like. Going down the rda/rba path leads to greater expenditure of money and the ever present search for the perfect vape. Its a little bit more hassle going down the rebuild-able but when you think of a coil costing you around 2.5 per coil and some kanthal and cotton costing about 10 cents it really economical. Think of your premade coils as like the fast food of vaping, then your rebuildables as some slow cooked pork with crispy skin. In rebuildables your experience is only enhanced by how much effort you put in. if you do a shitty build its going to be shit, but when you get it right its awesome.
    JWH likes this.

AVF Regular
    Apart from what has been mentioned....and I would second what the guys before have written.
    I believe the flavour is quite noticably better, much more enjoyable for me, I notice the more subtle side of the flavours in a mix.
    and being able to blow clouds adds to the fun of it, especially when other people notice and enjoy the smell!!
    Apart from all that, to have a dripper, being able to swap cotton out quickly, I can try out a new flavour with ease, so they are a great way to test out your tastes and expand the vape experience.
    I also dable with mixing my own juice, hence why that is helpful, but also because I have quite a few mates that vap and this way I can try before I buy new juices.
    Sigelei 100w box w Vulcan clone or tobh clone or Plumeveil clone or the zenith
    Viggo (Aus 005) w Zenith v2

Itaste vv 3 - VAMO V5 - Stingray Clone - Nemesis Clone (magnetic switch) - Panzer Black Hawk clone
    Kanger Pro Tank Mini - Mini 3 - Pro Tank - T3s -- Kayfun Lite clone - Russian 91% clone - Igo W

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hugeonreddit View Post
    So...what would I get out of venturing into builds and RBAs and RDAs etc? It's more hassle, so I'm guessing a better vape? Better how?
    You get more vapour and flavour; a warmer, denser vape; shorter drags if you want. Fine control of all the variables: surface area of the coil, wicking, power to resistance ratio, etc.

Some people like art. You can buy a painting and hang it on your wall and enjoy that. Chances are you couldn't afford a da Vinci. I doubt da vinci could choose just one painting to look at for the rest of his life. Other people like art and train themselves to paint. You start off and your painting is probably average but as time goes on your techniques develop. You begin to understand more about your art. You can hang a different painting each day of the week. You might find certain styles suit certain moods. But then it depends on the person. I prefer a certain type of beer and im happy with that. I've never considered trying to make my own for the sake of improving on that beer. But I might home brew for the price factor. I like bourbon and I'm not going to try make that and wait 12 years to see if it's even good. But I do make white lightning which is comparable to any top shelf vodka. Some people are happy watching dvd others will only watch bluray and are already saving to upgrade to 4K. But on the topic of vaping, im one year in. I started on a ego battery and carto tank. After a month without a cigarette I was keen to look at a upgrade and the evic vv/vw paired with protank caught my eye. Thought that was way better but then became curious about rebuildables and mech mods, why was everyone raving about these? So I just had to know. I got a magneto mech and a diver atomizer. As soon as I had it up and running I knew I was never touching the evic protank set up ever again. Then I noticed great reviews about the kayfun and russian91 so I got a pre order spot on the second supply of russians and I was absolutely stoked with it when it arrived 2 months later. Got a few mor mechs and then a dna20. Got into drippers. Not sure I can get anything better now. Except one of these new 100watt mods? Maybe that's my next step. See how far the rabbit hole goes?
    JWH likes this.

JWH
    AVF Regular
    Yea mofo ... We're artists lol
    Spook - you have given me ideas on how I can convince my wife that chess is a sport

Chess is for laymen. Checkers is the true intellectual challenge.
    JWH likes this.

AVF Regular
    The ready to go coils are 10-15 bucks for a pack of 5, that and what if you can't get them for some reason, for the same outlay you get 6-12 mnths supply of kanthal and cotton. I like the idea of being able to cover my own arse, if you own a few mechs and a few or more drippers then your ok otherwise you are still relying on being able to source premade coils, plus all the stuff the others said about tailoring your vape etc and you can get more of a nic hit faster with a mech and dripper.
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Regular
    OK I get the general jist of it, once you do it enough you get into it more and you'll probably want to experiement. Fair call. I suppose you could say it's better because it just is.
    I'll probably make the move soon enough, but I do rate the 0.8Ohm coils Kanger has come out with, thicker, faster, warmer vape.
    One more thing - although I might have gotten an indirect answer on this already...with the RDAs, why would I want to continually drip onto it and not just run a tank? People seem sick for it, seems like a hassle, unless the vape was that much better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast