Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kay67kay

Thread: Ego batteries to a small VVVW box mod. Advice please.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Ego batteries to a small VVVW box mod. Advice please.

Hi everyone. My 1st month smoke free warrants an upgrade. I want to upgrade from the ego batteries to a small (ish) box mod with more power and battery life. Please take all the following as an invitation for advice. I'm using Nautilus mini and similar attys, and fairly happy with them (for now). I've looked at the MVP2 and DNA20/30 style boxes, but I really have no idea of what is good, and will adapt to my ongoing vaping wants. I've read up quite a bit, but there are just so many around that it gets confusing. I'd prefer the VVVW electronics on a mod, and I'm not really bothered about aesthetics or brands. I'm more interested in functionality, adaptability and a reasonable price. Something that will fit into a small motorcycle jacket pocket would be great. I'm thinking around $100 should cover it? If less, then great. I've mixed a bunch of new juices now, so I'm ready to go at it.
    I'm also thinking about trying my hand at RDAs too, for learning and testing new juices. I've read the Magma is a good starting point, but I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Thank you all for your help so far getting me off to a good start.

$52.38 HANA MODZ Pack DNA 30 Style Mod - 1*18650 / 7W-30W at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

This is my plan.. I have the MVP 2.0 it's alright. But dosent quite look so "sleek" when set up.

AVF Regular
    MVP gets consistently good reports. Do you want to go with a built in battery, or one that can have the battery removed ? Had a look at a Vamo Mukey?

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Eleaf istick. Very nice, powerful and very small.

eLeaf iStick

AVF Regular
    Vamo Mukey.

Ha! I wuz beaten!

Do you want to go with a built in battery, or one that can have the battery removed ?
    I'm not really sure of the advantages either way, apart from being able to remove/replace the battery. I like the idea of charging without having to remove the battery though.

AVF Regular
    the advantage of having a removable battery is that you don't have to replace the whole unit when the battery eventually dies, you can just replace the battery. also, with removable batteries, you can take a couple of spares with you, and you can have spares charging while you're still using your mod.
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    The MVP is a great unit but only goes to 11W. Which will be fine for your naut mini, but you probably want more power soon. That's what happened to me. So I'd advise to go with one that has more power then you won't need to upgrade it for a while.

The MVP is a great unit but only goes to 11W. Which will be fine for your naut mini, but you probably want more power soon.
    You are spot on. The MVP is probably a bit short on power for later on. I want to avoid that and get something that will keep up as my wants progress.

The Vamo unit is very cool, but I reckon I'll go with a smallish box type this time around, with a display etc. Not too small, just not massive. With the batteries, I see what you're saying. I'm not really fussed if the battery is replaceable or built in. With the cost of it versus smokes, I'm pretty cool with it. I'd like to get pretty well set-up early, then reap the rewards.
    Last edited by sweetfa65; 01-10-14 at 06:25 PM.

AVF Regular
    The vaporshark DNA 30 its great trust me