Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Heat shrink for batteries

Heat shrink for batteries

Hey guys, I have a couple of VTC4's that had damaged wrapping, so I pulled it off and put some heat shrink on them. Unfortunately they didn't fit in my mech mod as the heat shrink made them too fat. I pulled the heat shrink off, and at the moment they are wrapped with electricians tape (I know, I know) to get me by. Does anyone know of a source of thin heat shrink that won't cause this problem?

Cheers
    Darren

Remember when the only trolls you had to deal with were under a bridge, and trying to eat your goats?

AVF Regular
    Fasttech sell batterie re wraps

AVF Regular
    $0.84 30mm Heat Shrink Wrap (1-Meter) - perfect for wrapping 18650 batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I ordered 1m of this to see what its like, i haven't received it yet so i don't know but i'm guessing its ok, pretty sure others here have said its the stuff to get.
    *I Use Clones*

Yeah, I kinda wanted it tomorrow if possible! Not overly happy with using electricians tape, and they are they only 18650's I have. Also, I damaged the little plastic washer on the top with the heat gun, is this necessary if the heat shrink goes all the way to the edge of the positive terminal?

Cheers
    Darren

Remember when the only trolls you had to deal with were under a bridge, and trying to eat your goats?

AVF Regular
    Did u take a look at jaycar? From memory they have a couple of different types, might have a thinner one to suit

Quick Robin to the VapeCave

Never thought of them Minnaz. I'll check them out.

I have some of the FT stuff I could spare, if ya get desperate.
    MrGruffy likes this.

AVF Regular
    For what it's worth I went to Jaycar looking for 18mm wrap to redo my Kick and they didn't stock it. Your local Jaycar might be different.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    $0.84 30mm Heat Shrink Wrap (1-Meter) - perfect for wrapping 18650 batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I ordered 1m of this to see what its like, i haven't received it yet so i don't know but i'm guessing its ok, pretty sure others here have said its the stuff to get.
    It works well enough, with a little effort. It is however a little thicker and less flexible than the wrap normally on batteries. If you use it in a mod that doesn't have a lot of room there is a chance the battery may no longer fit.

That being said, it's still far better than a hard short through damaged wrap.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1323902
    I rewrapped a panasonic I had with this. Original wrap size 18.18mm. With this wrap it came out at 18.11mm. Must be thinner than the heat shrink^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast