Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Altered1
  • 3 Post By Crisscross

Thread: Leaking clearo :S

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Leaking clearo :S

Hi guys.

A quickie. I got an itaste MVP 2.0 and an i30b clearo combo. Seems to be leaking?? I ensured everything was epically tight and removed the beauty ring to try and ensure it's all "sealed but still seams to leak"

Changed the coil thing? All the juice seems to collect on the contact?

Help please

Cheers.

Patty

AVF Regular
    Pull the iclear a part, give it a good clean and reassemble, vhecking seals and threads as you go.
    Fatman likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Yeah I went though the regular trouble shoot. Do you recon I should drop the beauty ring ring off?

AVF Regular
    Beauty ring does nothing for the seal of the atty. it just hides the connector from view.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Be careful that you are not overtightening the clero sections. Quite often this will squish orings and the distortion creates little gaps.
    Catch 22 it leaks so you tighten and it leaks more. Resist the urge to do so.
    Cath Mort, MrGruffy and Noonoo like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

If your tank has a fair amount of use, it could be your juice is too thin of a viscosity for the wick of the coil? Are you using a high PG?
    Last edited by Ethno; 04-10-14 at 10:09 PM.

Currently using a 50/50.

Stopped using the beauty ring and it seems leakage has slowed a lot? It just seems temperamental haha

Retired Account
    Seems to me that some of these have threading issues. Some are quite difficult to not 'cross thread' when you are putting them back together. Might be a good idea to ditch the one you've got and get another one, or something with less issues, like an iClear30S.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    Seems to me that some of these have threading issues. Some are quite difficult to not 'cross thread' when you are putting them back together. Might be a good idea to ditch the one you've got and get another one, or something with less issues, like an iClear30S.

Yeah seems like thats the answer to me, id go with a mini protank/aerotank or something by kangertech, their honestly great for the price

I think it may be the clearo. I also got these with my MVPs and tried one out, leaked like a sieve after it got down to about half full no matter what I tried. Also coils for these were not widely available in Australia. I've since settled on mini Protank 2s and 3s for out and about, and occasionally an Evod. I haven't had any issues with leaking with these. Quite like the EMOW too although it doesn't sit flush on many batteries that I have, which bugs me.

ETA: Looks like lots of places have the 30B coils in now.
    Last edited by mrjinks; 05-10-14 at 06:18 PM.