Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By hank
  • 3 Post By Crisscross
  • 1 Post By Crisscross
  • 1 Post By Crisscross

Thread: Protect Your Billet Box

Protect Your Billet Box

Just got my BB and I noticed that it came from BBV with qute a few tiny hairline scratches. You wouldn't see them unless 1. you knew they were there and 2. you held it up to the light just right.

But this got me thinking about protecting the CF panels. It's such a shame to cover the box in a J-Wrap, even if it's CF so I thought I'd try some iPad screen cover material that I had sitting around.
    Works a treat, stays on, available in any tech store, not too expensive AND you can see that beautiful Dragon Scale CF right through it. ( Now, I just have to get used to cartos :P )

What have other BB owners used to protect their "precious"?

AVF Regular
    Nothing. I like the lived in feel of a bb that gets used and abused.
    steve.c likes this.
    Not in need of peoples issues

AVF Regular
    I don't get the billet box. Sure it looks good, but isn't being confined to cartos a pita? And having to shell out extra for an adapter to do what every other mod does anyway must sting a bit. Cartos are old technology these days.

Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    I don't get the billet box. Sure it looks good, but isn't being confined to cartos a pita? And having to shell out extra for an adapter to do what every other mod does anyway must sting a bit. Cartos are old technology these days.
    I get your point Steve. I'm not 100% convinced but for me it was the form factor. I kind of got tired of a big ol' box mod topped with something 3/4 its height again. Even the Provari mini was starting to irk me. I probably should have tried a side-by-side mech with a kick first but a combination of looks and build quality got me. At least they hold their value

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Its all about what works for you. People that own them do get them and that's what matters. They do everything I want them to do and I am not limited to cartos. I use my Sophia, and now the aspire heads as well as cartos which are still my first love in all my tanks.

I have wrapped one of mine, not to protect it but to customise it. I have a thing about buttons so I added some pearls to them.

If it's not for you then I am sure you will have an easy sale. I have had quite a few mods that I decided within mins of using them that they were not for me or they felt wrong.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 09-10-14 at 02:30 PM.
    JWH, kingsr and Pipesub like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Very smart looking Crisscross

I'm not done yet. I've got Boges, a no-prime RBN BDC Cartomizer and a Diver 2 to mess around with. I'm already looking into the Sophia based on your comments and the fact that it has juice flow control (?).

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipesub View Post
    Very smart looking Crisscross

I'm not done yet. I've got Boges, a no-prime RBN BDC Cartomizer and a Diver 2 to mess around with. I'm already looking into the Sophia based on your comments and the fact that it has juice flow control (?).
    The only thing is that you almost need to understand how the Sophia and diver work before you put them in the BB. I suggested to dash that you play with the diver in a reg carto tank and get the feel of how your Eliquid flows and then when you have it sussed put it in the BB. I would have preferred the old style clear faced tanks so that you could see the juice control but because I know how my Eliquid flows I managed it. I never quite got the diver and stayed with the Sophia because it seemed to work better for me. Don't ask me why.......... it just did.

FYI I understand BB are looking at bringing back the clear tanks as an option in the near future.
    Also ByLeo are about to release a kit Sophia specially designed for the BB. I am not sure what that will be but it's almost ready for release.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    The only thing is that you almost need to understand how the Sophia and diver work before you put them in the BB. I suggested to dash that you play with the diver in a reg carto tank and get the feel of how your Eliquid flows and then when you have it sussed put it in the BB. I would have preferred the old style clear faced tanks so that you could see the juice control but because I know how my Eliquid flows I managed it. I never quite got the diver and stayed with the Sophia because it seemed to work better for me. Don't ask me why.......... it just did.

FYI I understand BB are looking at bringing back the clear tanks as an option in the near future.
    Also ByLeo are about to release a kit Sophia specially designed for the BB. I am not sure what that will be but it's almost ready for release.
    Great info - thanks. I've got a Scuba tank that I can work with. I tried a few builds in it with a Diver 1 but lost interest due to the whole NR-R-NR thing. Now that I've got some pre-mades on the way I'll be able to experiment more.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipesub View Post
    Great info - thanks. I've got a Scuba tank that I can work with. I tried a few builds in it with a Diver 1 but lost interest due to the whole NR-R-NR thing. Now that I've got some pre-mades on the way I'll be able to experiment more.
    I just use the fasttech prewicked ones. One of my eliquids is menthol and the coils/wicks last forever the other is my cool mint which need changing more often. I know some people don't like the taste of these wicks but they don't impact my Eliquid at all.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1774100
    Pipesub likes this.

AVF Regular
    Oh the other thing is there is a pictorial on ecf for making vertical coils for the Sophia. I would presume they would work for the diver.

Post 9815

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...l#post14119165
    Last edited by Crisscross; 09-10-14 at 03:42 PM.
    Pipesub likes this.