Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By fad
  • 2 Post By Hidden1

Thread: the DNA 40 board

AVF Regular

the DNA 40 board

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

Just watched this, so where's the cheapest Ni200 wire?

Ebay from TemCo is cheap, but want $25 USD per reel in shipping and apparently don't combine orders. There's a few online stores that stock it, but usually only in one gauge size and I have no idea what gauge will produce what resistance with this stuff.

Edit:
    Doing some napkin maths to figure out the resistance of this stuff and trying to stay around 0.1 ohm it looks like 28g for single and 30g for parallel.
    28 Gauge Single
    30 Gauge Dual Coil

Edit2: Just bought from my pal Kampong but he only has 30g.
    Last edited by afxlol; 10-10-14 at 05:23 PM.

Just watched the vid. If the worst possible scenario is juice over 420 def F (215 dec C) and that mainly occurs when your wick isn't wet what's the difference between temp control and juice flow control, like for instance the Sophia or Rose. I like the idea of greater safety but like Brandon from Evolv said "I still use the xxx because I don't vape above 15 watts". Cool device for the sub ohmers and those that don't pay attention to liquid level / opaque tanks - just scratching my head here.

fad
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipesub View Post
    Just watched the vid. If the worst possible scenario is juice over 420 def F (215 dec C) and that mainly occurs when your wick isn't wet what's the difference between temp control and juice flow control, like for instance the Sophia or Rose. I like the idea of greater safety but like Brandon from Evolv said "I still use the xxx because I don't vape above 15 watts". Cool device for the sub ohmers and those that don't pay attention to liquid level / opaque tanks - just scratching my head here.
    I think it has the potential to benefit quite a range of vapers, possibly excepting those that actually enjoy high temperature vaping.

(I've tried 100% vg on a 0.2 ohm dripper @ 100 watts, it's like vaping a kettle)

In the PBusardo video Brandon from Evolv made a clear destinction between heat & power. What a lot of vapers are after is clouds, and those are not produced by increasing the maximum temperature at the coil. They come from having larger surface area, and enough power to get all that metal up to the right temp quickly enough.

What we're currently doing is throwing masses of power at our coils without any fine-grained control. We're certainly producing vapour but we're most likely wasting power to do so.

An analogy would be a fast car without and with traction control. Plant your foot without traction control and you'll make a lot of noise and leave a streak of rubber meters long. Engage traction control and you'll get to the speed you're after much more economically and probably quicker, too.

Temperature limiting is like traction control for vaping. It's intended to help you have a better vape regardless of how you vape (8 watts, 40 watts etc).

As there are photos floating around of DNA40 cotton builds that show almost no discolouration around the coils even after prolonged use I'd say that it certainly looks promising.

We'll know how it works in the real world when production units start turning up in the next few weeks.
    Pipesub and Hidden1 like this.

AVF Regular
    But traction control off is so much more fun^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    MrGruffy and merexy like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden1 View Post
    But traction control off is so much more fun^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    skidpanvaping.com