• 1 Post By Slayer
  • 1 Post By merexy
  • 1 Post By merexy
  • 1 Post By akef38

Thread: Aga-T5 fill screw fix.

AVF Regular

Aga-T5 fill screw fix.

Well, the title was a mouthful.

A couple of us here have had the problem of the fill screw being tightened and ending up in the tank. This is due basically to over-tightening the filling grub screw and there being a tad too much thread down the bottom of the fill hole.

Here's my fix, just remember not to over-tighten in future or you'll be back to square one. Once you feel the grub screw tighten just a little snick more, don't screw the bejeebers out of it.

You're gonna need a centre punch, probably home made to get the right angle, thus:image.jpg

Take the grub screw out and place the atty top upside down on a very solid wooden object, something rough not your bloody kitchen table. You'll need a good hammer 'cos the atty material is bloody hard! Centre punch into the bottom of the hole and give it some solid whacks. It's trial and error 'til you get enough hits on it to close up those threads. Put the grub screw back in and see if it seats. If not, have another go. Don't go berserk and bend the top! I won't be held responsible if you stuff it up. You'll mark the wood you're hitting on, that top is friggin' hard!!!

Screw back in, a wee snick and you're done.

Just for the sake of those not sure of how much cotton to use, here's a pic of what I use:image.jpg

Tuck all that in, don't trim it, should look something like this:image.jpg

Enjoy your T5!
    akef38 and hun113 like this.

That grub screw is the only real downside to these things.
    The only other problem I have had is the base will unscrew if you tighten it too much on the 510 connection. I actually had the coil deck come away from the centre screw.

I have no special talent____I am just passionately curious!
    I'm not MAD_____ I am GIFTED....

AVF Regular
    Have two, it's only happened on one, and yeah the base can do that but the same with quite a few atty's. I'm considering a third....
    akef38 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Cool, thanks for that. Will have to go bunnings and get a centre punch, have got one but its way too big. Will let you know how I go once I get round to it
    merexy likes this.
    "Vape mail incoming, I have"

AVF Regular
    Yep, fix confirmed, worked a treat, thanks again merexy, cheers
    merexy likes this.
    "Vape mail incoming, I have"

AVF Regular
    Excellent!
    Slayer likes this.

AVF Regular
    Bumped for a friend.
    hun113 likes this.

AVF Regular
    well said and well done merexy. I have 5 kayfuns which 2 are originals. I purchased the AGA-T5 from VK about a week ago. I liked the looks of it and it does sit sweet on my Provari too. As i vape 100% VG, i was amazed by this atty. It's so good i'm considering buying a few more. Don't get me wrong, i still love my Kayfuns, but this atty actually is Good!!(i dare to say...maybe even better!??) I wonder if there's any other atty's out there that wick with the same principal but are better?. I'm always willing to try. Thanks for the heads up on the filling screw
    Cheers,
    AL
    The AGA-T5 on my Provari
    merexy likes this.

AVF Regular
    This is one atty I have never had a dry hit from! It performs way above its meagre price for an original. The massive juice well and ability to house a massive wick is its secret. Regarding the screw issue, find yourself a conventional flat bladed or phillips screw with the same thread and the problem is solved. There is plenty of room for it! And they have bulk airflow if that is your bag. At 35 bucks everyone should have at least one!