Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: provari & fogger v4+ problems

AVF Regular

provari & fogger v4+ problems

Hey guys,
    I have a provari mini and i have been running a fogger v4+ on it and its been running amazing for the past month and a bit, but lately its not been firing, when i check the ohm reading it doesn't recognise the atty, and after fidgeting about with the 510 connector and playing around with the adjustable positive pin on the fogger and gently screwing it back on it works.. its pretty confusing because it just does it at random times..

im leaning towards the atty being the problem, possibly the o'ring insulator on the adjustable positive pin, just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems, or any insight into the matter, would be greatly appreciated!

cheeeeeers!
    JL
    I Don't Smoke Analogues

AVF Regular
    have you stripped down the fogger base and cleaned and checked all of the parts for wear and tear also is the provari centre pin clean if you have a multimeter check to see if there is continuity from the bottom of the cebtre pin to the negative side of the base if there is then it's shorting

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHGUYJ View Post
    have you stripped down the fogger base and cleaned and checked all of the parts for wear and tear also is the provari centre pin clean if you have a multimeter check to see if there is continuity from the bottom of the cebtre pin to the negative side of the base if there is then it's shorting
    i have a multimeter yes, i have not checked for shorts with the actual provari its self, i haven't really had the time to do a full investigation because my university tests atm are off the Richter scale,
    what exactly do i have to check with the MM? i don't think that its the provari, because she's been looked after well, and I've never dropped it or hit it against anyone/anything and i might add that i give the firing pin a service regularly with alcohol and a cotton bud!
    im gonna dismantle the fogger soon, ill check the pin for contact and maybe give it a light sanding
    I Don't Smoke Analogues

AVF Regular
    you want to check the fogger for shorts with your multimeter if you can't see any obvious problems when you strip it down

this link should help you understand how to test for shorts Multimeter Tutorial
    Crisscross likes this.

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

AVF Regular
    you want to check the fogger for shorts with your multimeter if you can't see any obvious problems when you strip it down

thanks ill have a suss, I seriously think that i need to replace the O'ring inside the fogger, or just buy a better atty lol.
    I'm getting the multimeter onto it as we speak! cheers again
    I Don't Smoke Analogues

AVF Regular
    no worries hope you get it sorted I use a fogger 4.4 daily and I love it except when I have to put new coils in lol the orchid is very much the same but it has a better mounting system for the dual coils

my etsy DEATHware

AVF Regular

That is a very good link...... Thks DG
    DEATHGUYJ and jlmanos like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    HEY CHRIS!!! long time since I've been on the forum hope things are going well, still got the provari mini?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    That is a very good link...... Thks DG
    Crisscross likes this.
    I Don't Smoke Analogues

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jlmanos View Post
    HEY CHRIS!!! long time since I've been on the forum hope things are going well, still got the provari mini?
    LOL fingers crossed for your exams.

So you managed to blow up an atty. you are really hard on gear
    I am running a couple of Billet boxes at the moment but still love my mini's
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    hahah have you seen my youtube video on when i got a dna30? lets just say blow up is an understatement....
    I Don't Smoke Analogues

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast