Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kingsr
  • 1 Post By teemac

Thread: Fading Colour Innokin iTaste MVP 2.0 Energy

Fading Colour Innokin iTaste MVP 2.0 Energy

I bought a new Innokin MVP 2.0 on 9th Sept 2014 (a month ago) and it now has a ghost image of faded colour where my fingers and hand touch the Energy pattern that was factory applied on the device.

It looks like the pattern was printed with thermal ink and the heat from my fingers wrapped around it has faded it to a pale fawn colour wherever it was touched. The pattern I got was the black one with the lightning bolts through it (FROST I think it was called). I bought it from VapeKing, so it should not be a clone. It now looks pretty ugly for a near new device.

Does anyone else have this problem ???

AVF Regular
    I had the exact same one also purchased from VK. It must be well over 6 months old now. I used it a lot for about 3 months and passed it on to a family member and its still going strong and hasn't lost its finish at all.

Might be some sort of reaction to skin or sweat, some people have issues wearing chains made of certain types of metals.

Innokin have lost me with their MVP's, my threading stripped after just over 3 months, ironically they only fix items up to 3 months. Sad really because besides this I really liked the unit.

My previous Innoken product is a iTaste VV/VW 3 I bought second hand off of a forum member and it has been perfect, no faults of any kind - but this MVP 2 has me a teansy weansy bit worried.

Additional to the colour fading ghost handprint problem ( pattern getting lighter all the time as I always hold it the same way - no sweat, chemicals or juice on hands ) I have had the power button stick in/powered on at the very top of the cutout for the button. It might be just the way I push it in, but a bit of a tap and it pops out. Also when pushing the fire button in, it seems to have 2 power settings - when I just push it in with normal pressure, I notice the vape on any tank is mild tasting, low vaper and no sizzling. When I push hard on the fire button it seems to get a higher hit and the juice crackles and hisses, has a stronger flavour and makes a lot more cloud. A button contact issue ???

The MVP2 case can't be taken apart easily (drill out rivets) to check the button contacts without voiding the warranty. Considering this undocumented feature and the paint pattern gradually fading more and more over time has been happening since brand new, I'll just leave it alone for another month and see what else happens. I will then decide whether to have a go at warranty. It also charges up to 4.3v (according to the display) - which some other people on the net have also encountered, even though most documented specs say 4.2v max.

Don't get me wrong, I love the MVP and would hate to lose it, it's a great intermediate step between ego sticks and mods ( I've got a Light Sabre coming I bought second hand on these forums). I will continue to use it for another month or so because none of the above are clockstopping problems.

If you want anything fixed by innokin, make sure you get onto them before the unit is 3 months old. I have been arguing my point with them for a week now that my unit was 3 months and 1 week old and they won't budge, so I am not really satisfied with them. They say it's company policy (which I understand) but I tried to explain that there needs to be some kind of period (1 week over 3 months?) in which they may consider there companies policies. Doesn't look like I will have any luck, so innokin have lost a loyal customer. Just bought an eleaf istick instead.

AVF Regular
    Hello Teemac,

I have some wraps and cases you can have free. Cover it and it looks as good as new. Just pay shipping.

This offer applies to anyone who wants wraps/covers. Pm me if interested.
    mrsgruffy likes this.

@kingsr - Yeh, definitely interested mate - will PM you for costs and info - Thanks - Tom.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by teemac View Post
    @kingsr - Yeh, definitely interested mate - will PM you for costs and info - Thanks - Tom.
    Tom, if you do put a wrap on it add a clear over the top. It maybe that your skin oils will also affect the wrap. With a clear on top you can switch that when it gets worn and you still have the colour below.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

@Crisscross - It doesn't effect the funtioning of the device, just looks like a ghost is holding it when I come into the kitchen in the morning and there it is sitting on the bench with a hand wrapped around it. I didn't even think of wraps, so thanks for the hint on trying to protect it in future.
    Crisscross likes this.