Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MelbVFR

Thread: dodgy coil or ohm meter?

Question dodgy coil or ohm meter?

I was building a dual coil set up last night on a tobh clone. I had to use 26g kanthal cause 28g was too thin for one of the side posts to screw into tightly. I finished building the set up, coils were tight and read .65 on my segelei ohm reader. Chucked it on my dna 30 box mod and it read fine at .6 (only shows one decimal point). Finished torching and tightening the coils and chucked it back on my ohm meter and the readings were all over the place - started at over 4 ohms and slowly went lower as the coils cooled, but never gave a stable number.
    So i chucked it back on the dna30 and it still read .6 steady. I was confused so made sure all the coils were tight, re-screwed them then tested again on both devices. the ohm meter was still giving fluctuating readings while the dna30 was still showing .6 steady. I wicked it with cotton, dripped and started vaping and it vaped fine, better than my last .65 build actually. I put it down and put the tobh back on the ohm meter and now it was reading .65 steady now. I went back and forth a few more times (cause I'm paranoid) and they were both steady.

Are dedicated ohm meters generally more accurate than reading ohms from say a dna chip? I'm not sure if I have a dodgy coil or ohm meter.

AVF Regular
    I've had issues with variable readings in my Ohm checker when the battery in it gets a bit flat . . . . does yours have a rechargeable ?
    Side Show likes this.

yeah it does and I was using it off the battery not the usb cable. I haven't been using the ohm meter much but I'll check the charge tonight. Thanks.