Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: is it worth buying these Fasttech mechanical mods?

AVF Regular

is it worth buying these Fasttech mechanical mods?

Hi all,

I have been ghosting on here for a while and wanted to say hi and was wondering if you could help me please?

I have a innokin cool fire 1 with the 18650 extender tube. I change between the innokin 30b (which I hate), innokin16d and kanger t33 clearos. i started out with a bullsmoke kit, and i still go back to that and the cartridges now and again

but i was shopping on Fasttech and found some pretty mods, but i am not sure if they are worth buying or safe to use. I am still learning about the tech aspects of vaping.

this is the copper dragon 18650 mechanical mod - $31.21 Dragon 18650 Mechanical Mod - brass / copper plated at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

wood dragon 18650 mechanical mod - $16.64 Wood 18650 Mechanical Mod - dragon at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

copper pegasus 18650 mechanical mod - $18.49 Pegasus Style Mechanical Mod - 1*18650 / copper at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

what do think?

Gremlin

AVF Regular
    Olfella, steve.c, merexy and 2 others like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Hi Gremlin, and welcome to the forum. Good idea if you put were you come from, can be helpful.

All mech mods, are you sure you're ready for them? Might be an idea to try a more powerful Vv/VW device before you head into mechs, just my thoughts.

What you've mentioned would all be pretty much OK as mechs. Give some thought to the VV/VW device first though.
    Altered1, Gremlin and Skoville like this.

AVF Regular
    thanks Altered 1, there are a couple of reviews, but not enough for me to trust, and one has no reviews at all yet, but i will keep an eye on them

Gremlin

AVF Regular
    Hiya Merexy

noted, and have updated my profile to show location

I have 2 vv/vw batteries in transit as we speak, but i got the vaping bug now, mwahahaha

Gremlin

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Hiya Merexy

noted, and have updated my profile to show location

I have 2 vv/vw batteries in transit as we speak, but i got the vaping bug now, mwahahaha

Gremlin
    Cool. Have a look at the Kato's. One of my favourites. Also have one of the Stingray's Altered1 mentioned. Good little mech but the switch can require some TLC. Brilliant in 18350 mode. Have fun!!

AVF Regular
    The top too look pretty sexy, the last one kind of looks a bit like a pipe bomb.
    Gremlin likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hugeonreddit View Post
    The top too look pretty sexy, the last one kind of looks a bit like a pipe bomb.
    LOL, my mind didnt go there till you said it looked like a pipe bomb, but i see it now!!!
    thanks

AVF Regular
    I have this one and this one and i have this one coming. The 2 mechs i have from them are great. I'm a big fan of the recessed switch after an unfortunate accident with my first mech with a locking ring, recessed/spring loaded seem to be a lot safer imho and I am blown away by the extortionate prices of some of the mechs out there.

Its very important to have an adjustable 510 connection on the mech mod as RDAs attached differ in the length of the bit that screws in the top and you have to adjust between RDAs so that they sit flush to the top of the mod. The first link above to the launcher model is very sturdy indeed, but not the best looking one.

Once you buy one, you're probably going to buy another (and another) its a disease
    Gremlin likes this.

Generally when looking at fasttech, pays to buy ones with lots of reviews.
    Might be better to buy from elsewhere, or even s/h here on the classies for the ones with a solid reputation.

Most things you buy from ft aren't often the best, and everytime you send money their way, it's got to be money you're willing to risk/waste/throw away on a gamble. IE it's a sometimes you win, sometimes you lose style purchasing decision (not for just delivery - most people get items, but for quality)
    Gremlin likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast