Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: No VTC5's anywhere! what should i use now?

No VTC5's anywhere! what should i use now?

Hey all,

Bout to order an IPV2S but nowhere seems to have any VTC5's instock.

I have an emech that i don't really use that has the panasonic NCR 3400MAH batts in there.

Would they be safe enough to use as i usually vape around 40 - 50 watts on .6 ohm dual coil builds.

If not what is a good substitute to get.

TIA

Sony VTC4s have similar characteristics, just with lower capacity. And, as I understand it, mods like the IPV raise the voltage to achieve the higher wattage, so you wouldn't have to go subohm anyway.

AVF Regular
    Samsung 25R 20Amp 2500mAh 18650 Battery | VapourEyes They're currently sold out at VE but they are a good battery. I have one in my Sigelei 50W and it performs as well as the VTC5s I've used.
    picturetheend and Hidden1 like this.
    I don't blow clouds. I might if they bought me dinner and made me feel appreciated every now and then...

cheers guy's.

I have thought about the samsung's they do seem like a very good battery though i am more concerned with the amp limits.

I've tried looking in to it a bit, it seems that on a normal draw with my set up .6 ohms @45w/5.4V would be pulling about 9 or so amps if i'm right so that would suggest that any battery with a 20amp limit should be fine as long as i've calculated it right

Quote Originally Posted by picturetheend View Post
    I have an emech that i don't really use that has the panasonic NCR 3400MAH batts in there.

Would they be safe enough to use as i usually vape around 40 - 50 watts on .6 ohm dual coil builds.
    No, I mean hell no!
    Try and get some LGs or purple efests if you are vaping at 40-50w. (jesus, really, you need to vape at that power?)
    I haven't got any experience with all samsungs, there's a few of them and without having them all, I can't say if all sumsungs are all good. I think the lower mAh are rated as one of the best, but not sure if their 2500mAh are as good as the LG HE2/purple efest.
    But the lgs/purple efests are one battery, pretty well known.
    Last edited by coopz; 19-10-14 at 11:23 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by picturetheend View Post
    cheers guy's.

I have thought about the samsung's they do seem like a very good battery though i am more concerned with the amp limits.

I've tried looking in to it a bit, it seems that on a normal draw with my set up .6 ohms @45w/5.4V would be pulling about 9 or so amps if i'm right so that would suggest that any battery with a 20amp limit should be fine as long as i've calculated it right
    Yep, .6 ohms at 45w would be 8.6 amps, even if you were to push that .6 ohm build to 60w it would still only be 10 amps.
    picturetheend likes this.

Capacity/capability is only valid they're new.
    Months on?
    Most 10A and 20A+ batteries could handle it when new. But the 3400mAh panas sure as hell won't (6.8A NCRs)
    picturetheend likes this.

ah awesome.

Well that helps out heaps looks like i'll jump on the LG's or Samsungs from supersport600

Cheers everyone

i went to the purple efest 35a batteries and am loving them i think they hit harder than the vtc5's i have.
    Current Gear: Dragon Dual 26650 unregulated box with Mutation XL sitting on top. ELeaf Istick with Mini Nautilus on top as daily driver. Lots more.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
    i went to the purple efest 35a batteries and am loving them i think they hit harder than the vtc5's i have.
    Keep in mind that Efest do not make batteries, they re-wrap other brands cells. I read somewhere that the purple "35A" from Efest are LG HE2
    ---Juice Junkie​---

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast