Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Reomiser 4 woes.

Reomiser 4 woes.

Hi guys, hopefully somone can help me.

I've been trying to get a good build in a RM4, but have yet to find that sweet spot.

I've tried single and dual coils, sub ohm (lowest about .6) and above 1 ohm (highest about 1.4), and still can't get anywhere near the vapour production and flavour of a 1.2 ohm coil in a KFL+ on a mech mod. I've rebuilt this thing about 15 times in the last week and can't get any satisfaction. I'm using cotton for the wick, and have tried using both 28 and 26 gauge kanthal.

I also turned my Magma clone into a bottom feeder, and tried that, but no luck there either.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
    Darren

Remember when the only trolls you had to deal with were under a bridge, and trying to eat your goats?

AVF Regular
    I use the RM4 (atomic's).

always dual coil - 28g kanthal, 8/9 wraps each comes to around 0.6 to 0.7

I cotton wick - what I have found is keep the wick to minimal, too easy to overdo it and get a really damp, 'fusty' vape. I use the middle sized airholes in the airflow. I would take a pic, but the one I have on my desk, I actually busted one of the negative posts, so instead of 3 posts I only have 2, but still easy enough to run this setup.

with the large airholes, I get huge vapour, medium flavour, the middle airholes give me a great balance of vapour and flavour. the smaller ones I just cant get on with in this config.
    dash213 likes this.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

AVF Regular
    oh, I also use 50-50 vg/pg.

Thanks venga, maybe I have too much wick? I'll rebuild it and try again (currently single coil 26g @ .8ohms, best results so far), and report back.

I also vape 50/50.

Cheers
    Darren

Remember when the only trolls you had to deal with were under a bridge, and trying to eat your goats?

AVF Regular
    you have 3 legs in yours - min is a limited edition 2 leg version, very rare and expensive , but same idea. make sure the airholes are adjacent to the coils too (obviously).

dash213 and Side Show like this.

You're a legend venga. Just rebuilt dual coil 28g @.62ohms. Awesome vape now, although I am using about half the wick I was before, so not sure what the magic is, but it works!

As an aside, don't you hate when you've just rebuilt, and as you're scrunching up the vapour towel you put down on the table with the old coil and wick, and off cuts of kanthal and cotton, and a piece of kanthal breaks through and stabs you in the thumb? ��

Cheers
    Darren
    vengaman likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'm pretty close to buying a Reo so was after some help, what setup is that ? i like the dual coil so looks like what i'm after so do i need the reo 4, do i need a lp or just a normal one ? also whats this i've read about sub ohm upgrade, do i need that as well ? thanks for any help so i can get going and pull the trigger
    *I Use Clones*

Before I bought my reomizer, I asked robert at REO which one is the best. He said, in his opinion, the Reomizer 2.0 ... so i got that one

First build attempt: 28g, single coil, about 5 wraps around (unfolded) 3mm ekowool

... and it works brilliantly. I could never get my old Cyclone to work this good, and this was my first build attempt on the RM too !

It's actually one of the best vapes I have ever had.

EDIT: dont know what the resistance is but I dare say it's sub-ohm, and works great on my mechanical Reo Grand

As far as I'm aware Sludge, the sub ohm kit comes standard with new Reos now.

Cheers
    Darren

AVF Regular
    Cool, i've settled on a LP with a Reomizer 6.0, feels like i have to jump through a few hoops to get it though, the site doesn't have paypal anymore, my visa card got rejected no idea why, something about the address but its the only one i have ? so i have to wait for an email with some paypal details and do it though email, hopefully be worth it though.
    *I Use Clones*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast