Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need help with MVP 2.0 and RDA

Need help with MVP 2.0 and RDA

I've just reposted this from "general" as i think it is more fitting here. sorry about that.

Hey guys this is my first thread here so I hope it's in the right place.

Anywhoo I have been vaping about two months now I upgraded from a standard ego twist and a mini protank 3 to a ITaste CLK 1280 and a Aspire Nautilus Mini which is absolutely amazing (compared to my other experiences anyhow).

This brings me to my thread, I just "upgraded" again to a ITaste MVP 2.0 and i grabbed a IGO-W Plus RDA and some 28 gauge kanthal from my preferred online vendor (are we aloud to mention who we buy from?).
    Now I was expecting to have some heavy dense crazy clouds and flavor like I see on youtube from riptrippers ect, yet I get an experience less than half of my protank3 and 200 times less than my nautilus. I tried many different coils and used most of my kanthal already on 1 ohm 1.4 ohm 1.8 ohm single and duel coils (measuring my ohms with the MVP).

I tried the 1.4 coils on my clk and they heat up red hot in a second, while they take 5 seconds to barely even start hissing a tiny tiny amount of vapor on the mvp(I should probably mention of course I am using organic cotton to wick the juices)

I'm at the point where I want to return my MVP and wait to buy something else.

Should my MVP really put out such subpar power? because at the moment with both the RDA and the Nautilus (which is kicking the hell out of every coil i tried) work much better on an ego style battery (ITaste CLK) than the MVP 2.0?

Please help :O

AVF Regular
    1. MVP outputs a maximum of 11Watts.
    2. See 1.
    3. CLK can put out 15W

In other news, the MVP is a terrific device when matched with an atomiser that suits it's capabilities.
    Perhaps you could consider what Mr Trippers is using to drive his RDA?

AVF Regular
    Also, sounds like your MVP is working fine, no reason to return it.

Using my CLK set to 5 Volts and my MVP set to 5 Volts in VV mode should output the same power should it not? as it is absolutely not at the moment. i could be completely wrong.
    Last edited by Desolate182; 22-10-14 at 12:24 AM.

What would an example of an atomizer that suits the MVP be?
    I am using the nautilus mini at the moment and it is slightly less effective than on the clk.
    Last edited by Desolate182; 22-10-14 at 12:25 AM.

AVF Regular
    it could be that the igo is not making a good connection with the mvp

ie the contact pin at the bottom of the igo is not long enough to make good contact the mvp once its is screwed in

have you tried other atties on the mvp apart from the igo?

AVF Regular
    The problem with the MVP is that it had PWM so as good as it is it will bever be as good as something that has a steady power output. Also if you're using a dripper im guessing you're using thicker wire?
    If so that'll take ages to heat up because of the PWM.
    the MVP is more suited to using tank atomizers and thinner guage kanthal.

Quick Robin to the VapeCave

I am using 28 gauge kanthal wrapping 6 to 9 times on an 18 gauge blunt needle which i got the best results out of. Sadly "best results" in this case is entirely relative.

The device is also jumping the resistance (on the checker) from 1.4 to 1.7 to 4.3 to 6.5 and back down and everything in between

the igo-w is a good little dripper. can i suggest grabbing a mechanical for it and keeping the mvp for the mini nautilus? a good mod would be a https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...mechanical-mod with that you'll need batteries, grab a couple of these. Efest Purple 18650 2500mAh IMR Battery - 35A a charger Efest LUC Smart Charger. This should be a good start you can then add things as you progress like a plume veil style atomizer or something else down the line. The Mvp being a max of 11 watts means you will never get MASSIVE clouds from it, although with the mini nautilus with the 1.6 ohm BVC coils in i get very respectable flavor and reasonable clouds, of course nothing to right home about but its there. You have found one of the greatest sources of information out there. A group of people who care about vaping and are not too up themselves to share with those seeking wisdom. Remember there are no stupid Questions.......actually there are just not many.
    Need any help just fire away and im sure someone will stick their 2 cents in.
    Current Gear: Dragon Dual 26650 unregulated box with Mutation XL sitting on top. ELeaf Istick with Mini Nautilus on top as daily driver. Lots more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast