Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By steve.c

Thread: First RBA - UD AGA T7 (noob)

First RBA - UD AGA T7 (noob)

Hello all.

Non smoker become vaper. (I don't like cigarettes, but do smoke cigars). I started with a veppo ecigar and as much as it's nothing like the real thing, I enjoyed puffing away at it during the day (I work from home). So I did some research and went out and bought a KangSide 30(knowing I would eventually go rebuild-able) and an aerotank Mega . Then I did some more research into RTAs (and the point of the this post) - I bought an AGA T7, 3mm cotton wick and some more juice.

I spent some time putting it together and below is the outcome - could you guys check it out and let me know what you think and let me know if I should have done something different? I used 30 gauge Kanthal wrapped 10 times around a 2mm bit. The ohm reader says 1.5, multimeter 1.4 and the mod 1.2 - is that normal?

Test fires looked good and I put it all together and gave it some puffs and all seemed ok - but this is my first RBA and would like to get a few more opinions.

AVF Regular
    the coil can be whatever you want it to be, if its vaping ok then good job on your first coil
    merexy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Not the easiest atty to begin with but it looks like you did OK. If the values are not wavering about I would say the different readings are just from the different test devices not being calibrated the same. What steve.c said!

If you haven't already done so, take a look at a few coil building vids by riptrippers. Would suggest using a low volume whilst doing so (heck - you may even want to mute it) .

Dude is pretty painful - but can build a coil.

But, as has been said, if it works and is vaping alright, you've done just fine . Oh, and welcome.

Thanks guys!

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by tandem.biscuit View Post
    Dude is pretty painful - but can build a coil.
    He's got that youtube personality to maintain. I tend to use the video thumbnails to figure out what part to skip to and just watch the review/build portion of the videos. He's a pretty good resource that way, even if most of that stuff I'd never build.