XTAR VP1 charger thoughts?

So I ran into the problem of leaving my charger at work. I needed a new charger so I got the XTAR VP1 from batter world. Does anyone use it? Running AW batteries so I don't want to bugger them up. It's a 1A hour charger.

Purchased it from battery world. I didn't need that arm or the leg anyway.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    They seem like a great charger, and one of the best you can buy. I nearly bought one a while back, but gave it a miss because I wanted a four-bay charger. I still want to pick up a decent four-bay charger with a voltmeter display.

Out of curiosity, how much did Battery World ream you for?

xtars are good.
    Some people don't like them because some models have manual settings, or spacers you need to make 18350s work. But never heard a bad thing about xtar for quality/charging.
    I've got a 2 slot wp2 (ii) that is great for road warriors and campers/hikers. Comes with car charger and also USB output if you needed to charge a phone with a fully charged 18xxx battery that you happened to have on hand (because as a vaper that has mods you would I guess?).
    Seriously, my other half was going to walk to the local doctors and bring a mobile phone in case she wanted a ride back. Her phone was flat, I gave her the little xtar charger, a 18650 and a USB lead to fit her phone and it charged it as she walked there LOL.
    Last edited by coopz; 26-10-14 at 02:12 AM.

Xtar are one of the best chargers on the market. Have had two Nitecores and both had one of the charging bays crap out on me.

Grabbed a VP2 $58.00, a little pricey compared to other chargers but has been excellent. Good solid charger. You should be happy with your VP1.

Sweet thanks that's good to know. The 18350 fits good and it's got a usb somewhere. Honestly I didn't look to much into it. It's got the 12v charger which I will use when we glamp as well =)

My other one is a 2 nicore and if anything the xtra looks and feels better. A little more solid. Not that the nicore is bad it hasn't given out on me.

Almost missed your post krad it was $52. Well over the top for a two Bay but it doesn't seem to have anything less or more than the nicore. I actually wanted the efest charger but I can't remember if I saw why. The efest advertised there 12v adapter better than nicore and xtra but they all came with the adapter for a 12v / car.

Edit: I remember why I think. Price, the 4 bay was the same as the nicore 2 bay

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritzo90 View Post
    Almost missed your post krad it was $52.
    That's fairly reasonable for here in Oz, and it bought you one of the best li-ion chargers you can get. I didn't realise Battery World sold decent stuff like this.