Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yatesy88

Thread: Low ohms on a reo without sub ohm kit

AVF Regular

Low ohms on a reo without sub ohm kit

Just curious what's the lowest U could go on a reo without the sub ohm kit I'm currently sitting at 1.4 and needs to go lower for my taste but don't wanna ruin the mod. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers
    Yatesy

AVF Regular
    don't think you're likely to ruin the mod mate.
    The standard Reo has a collapsible spring that will drop the battery away from the firing pin so it doesn't make contact if it heats up too much.
    The firing pin and the plate in the switch are pretty solid as standard and I've never felt heat out of them.
    I would feel pretty comfortable going down to 0.8/9 ohm without a sub Ohm kit (using a decent battery of course)

ps. All the bits are replaceable
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    Awesome cheers bro I was just afraid if the firing pin that's all I don't want it to melt on me haha

AVF Regular
    The pin is pretty substantial.
    Don't go crazy subbing like 0.5 or less and I think (no 100% guarantees as I haven't tested this) and you should be OK.
    The spring should collapse long before your switch is in danger
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    I just built a quick coil then at . 9 I'll stick around there I reckon till I find a sub ohm kit. Can't seem to find em anywhere lol
    D1git likes this.

AVF Regular
    Used to vape down to 1 ohm no dramas iirc

AVF Regular
    I've built my mini down to 0.9 before I put the sub ohm rebuild kit in it. It was fine-ish, only minor arcing at the firing pin, so I also filed the point down and bent it under a little for a larger contact area.

Seriously - even if you only go down to a light sub ohm, put the upgrade kit in it. It makes a huge difference. I was having trouble getting a decent hit off it before the kit, but after the upgrade it's like an entirely new mod. It hits really well now with the kit.

You can get the kits from Reosmods directly, they are on the second page listed under "accessories". It's not officially called the sub ohm kit - it's just the repair kit (the old style contacts have been discontinued, essentially). And they do do USPS priority povo shipping if the order is just parts (including repair kits) - they only demand tracked shipping if you're buying mods.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    You can go down below 1ohm without the subohm kit in the reo but the thing is the lower you go the larger the voltage drop you will get.At .8ohm you will get about a .6-.8 V drop

AVF Regular
    Ahhhhh cheers everyone rightio off to get a upgrade kit now. I was looking to but didn't know they were called a repair kit I was looking for the sub ohm kit oops haha