Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Cloupor Hana Modz DNA30 Clone & "Too Hot"

Cloupor Hana Modz DNA30 Clone & "Too Hot"

old mate postie was kind to me today and dropped off my new Hana Modz Dna30 Clone (By Cloupor) and a Zenith V2 RDA, I just placed a new battery in it keen as to start vaping on my new gear.

I take my first hit, oh it is amazing...I take a second better than the first, I take a thir......."Too Hot" .. my experience is halted by this evil message.

Does anyone know how to stop this from happening after two to 3 hits? I can get two hits out while using it in Passthrough mode (charging) at 20 Watts, If I am not charging it I get 3 maybe 4 hits until "Too Hot" shows up yet again.

Bad Cloupor, you're messing with my vaping!

1 and a half hits that time...oh lord

It would help us to help you if you told us what watts you are vaping at and what ohm coil you are using
    My first thought would be to turn watts way down and slowly work your way up but no expert by any means.
    Someone with far more knowledge than I will come along hopefully.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

the coils i'm using atm are Duel micros @ 0.8 ohms I'm vaping at roughly 20Watts (it can go up to 30) The temp gauge is way too touchy

AVF Regular
    The cloupors don't handle the low ohms and dual coils very well, mine had the same problem. You'll find it a little bit better if you build 2 decent sized coils with 30g and try to get the resistance around 1.2ish or more overall. Ideally use a single coil but I dunno if the Zenith allows for that with the airflow.

J-D
    Yeah what JB said. The zenith V2 should be adjustable for single coil so give that a go, that said mine handles dual coil fine on other regulated mods so i dont see why yours shouldnt (unless its busted from the get go). If i had an RDA specifically dedicated for a regulated device i personally would be aiming for 1 to 1.2 ohms.

Correct me if im mistaken guys but the 'too hot' message would mean that your box is getting hot not your atty. Cloupor chana's tend to not do well with regulating voltage that is under 4.2 volts and itll show this by flashing your resistance reading. This means - from my understanding; that its running unregulated. Could all be relevant. Try turning up your watts to 23 and see how that goes. Alternatively just build around 1 ohm to 1.2 to vape at your desired power.

You don't really need to sub ohm on a regulated device. I have a DNA30 clone, and a 1.2ohm dual coil at 20-25 watts gives an awesome vape. Sub ohming is really only for mechs where you can't change the wattage.

Cheers
    Darren
    Olfella and Terradan like this.

Remember when the only trolls you had to deal with were under a bridge, and trying to eat your goats?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by J-D View Post
    Cloupor chana's tend to not do well with regulating voltage that is under 4.2 volts and itll show this by flashing your resistance reading. This means - from my understanding; that its running unregulated. Could all be relevant. Try turning up your watts to 23 and see how that goes. Alternatively just build around 1 ohm to 1.2 to vape at your desired power.
    The resistance will flash when it can no longer give you what you want without dropping below battery voltage. It just can't regulate down, so there you go. It shouldn't be burning up from that.

What I have read and seen about the Cloupor (and likely other) clones is that the early versions had issues with getting too hot. Rip mentioned that in his review, along with the super annoying inability to fire directly out of sleep mode. My v3 chana that I picked up from VE has been firing a .7 coil at 20w for a while now with absolutely zero problems. It's possible it'd overheat but I had to stop and re-drip before it ever gets that far. It also protects against shorts, which was another problem with the early models.

The takeaway from this is that they're cheap clones. You can get a good deal but you pay with it in research time.

The Zenith V2 airflow settings allow for Single coil but I would prefer Duel coil due to the more dense vapor duel coils give (i'm new to RDAs so tell me if I am wrong in assuming that).

"Apparently" the model I have is third batch the problem from firing from sleep is fixed its just a simple tap of the button and its firing again. the Too hot problem problem is getting horrible though, It even says "too hot" firing on my Nautilus down at 14W after a couple of hits. ( my naut BVCs are 1.6ohm although my ohms reader and dna30 read 1.7).

Now without absolute knowledge of it I am going to assume that it is stating that the circuitry is "too hot" not the atty.

I'm a chain vaper.. I should be aloud more than two hits in a 10 second period from something that cost me over $100, at least on my Nautilus mini set to below half its wattage limit (14watts)

Edit: After two hits my device has not even heated up from holding it, still ice cold. I opened it and had a couple of hits while checing the battery temp...cool to the touch. I don't understand the problem.
    Last edited by Desolate182; 28-10-14 at 01:20 AM.

AVF Regular
    If its happening when using a mini naut at 14w it is a dodgy device, I would be asking for a replacement or preferably a refund. I had a 3rd batch one that did not have the firing delay and it only said too hot when I was chain vaping on an RDA at 30w.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast