Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Nautilus, how i love/despise thee.

Question Nautilus, how i love/despise thee.

G'day,

I've been using my Aspire Nautilus with an MVP for a couple of months now as my 'out-of-the-house' vape.

Most of the time I find it to be a pretty good vape, although it does flood occasionally regardless of how careful I am with all suggested techniques for avoiding this. But no biggie.

Lately though, I've had an issue with burning coils/wick. I use BVC 1.8ohm coils, do everything I can think of correctly (I let the wick soak for like 20 mins now), have a few cold hits, don't hit it above 9 watts etc.
    But no matter what, I randomly get a gnarly burnt-arse-hair taste from which the wicks seem to never recover, even fresh ones. It's not even a dry hit, just starts slowly getting worse over a few hits and then it's unvapeable. This is happening more and more often, and I can't think why? I have always used high VG, but have tried modifying with higher PG - to no avail.

For the first few months of using the Nautilus everything went perfectly, now i'm tempted to take a hammer to it.

Also the missus has an MVP, uses a Nautilus Mini and has no issues. I've used my tank on her MVP and still have the same issues.

Can anyone suggest what i'm doing wrong?.
    coal miner and merexy like this.
    Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, to rain on the roof and instant coffee, to unemployment insurance and library cards, to absinthe and good-hearted landlords, to music and warm bodies and contraceptives… and to the “good life”, whatever it is and wherever it happens to be.” - HST

AVF Regular
    Not sure mate, but dont try pulling it apart and running it through the dish washer because that doesnt work.
    Been there done that.
    Crisscross and fungusfiend like this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

Have you tried the juice in a different device so as to eliminate the juice as the source of your problem??

AVF Regular
    I have a nautilus as well and have never had that problem with a new coil, when the coil gets a bit old, it does start to get a burnt taste, but you say it happens even with a new coil. I tend to agree with Golfnut, it may be the juice you are using or maybe should turn the wattage down?

i bought an aerotank mega as well and at same wattage with same juice it has a stringer falvour and noticed I can turn it up a bit more without any burning or dry hits, using 1.8 couls on both. i cannot say I have a real preference but can say that certain juices taste beter in one that the other.

AVF Regular
    My misses had that problem with hers the other day put in 3 different coils and they all did it. Im putting it down to a dodgy pack so ive ordered her another pack of coils from vapoureyes ill let u know how they go
    fungusfiend likes this.

Quick Robin to the VapeCave

AVF Regular
    I'm guessing the coils are similar to kanger coils, probably 32g, i wouldn't be going to 9 watts probably more like 7 with those but i wouldn't know really as i've never had one, just a stab
    *I Use Clones*

I'm using mine at 10 watts - no issues at all.

I have read about fake BVC coils in the market... Could be that?

AVF Regular
    I tested my misses when she first got it and I found it good up to about 20w but its all got to do with the juice you're using

Quick Robin to the VapeCave

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnaz View Post
    I tested my misses when she first got it and I found it good up to about 20w but its all got to do with the juice you're using
    Same juice out of the same bottle man so it aint the juice. It just seems that once one coil burns the next does as well.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

AVF Regular
    Sounds like a dodgy coil pack. Try some coils from another pack and see if the problems still there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast