Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By qwertylesh
  • 1 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By qwertylesh
  • 1 Post By Fatman

Thread: Having an issue with my Sigelei 50W

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Question Having an issue with my Sigelei 50W

Loving this box mod. About a week after purchase it started to switch off at random times - pressing the fire button does nothing. Sometimes it still vapes with no screen lighting, sometimes it's completely off. I'm using a flat top 18650. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I can't work out whether it's the battery, the chip or something else. Thoughts?

Sometimes completely off (battery might be loose - not connecting).

Sometimes still vapes with no screen (battery must be connecting).

My guess is the chip - replacing the battery won't help.

AVF Regular
    Yep mine did the same and it got worse to the point where the screen would rarely come on and it wouldn't fire most of the time. I tried different batteries and they didn't make a difference. I have sent it back for a credit towards something else.

AVF Regular
    Get a refund there has been so many problems with them. I had one didn't last a week, got it swapped out and it lasted even less!

AVF Regular
    I got one early, and warned people on here that they're dangerous pieces of shit. Did anyone listen.. nope
    bobbavet, Fatman and Olfella like this.

Super Moderator
    Its pretty common knowledge here the first run of the Sigelie 50W had "issues " ( I have one ... apparently it traces back to the 510 connector and insulation being dodgy and the resistance calculation because of it can be wayyyy out , or indeed not firing) This is a known thing , and if purchased from a vendor should be replaceable or credit issued ... Having said that I also have a later model Black one , that has performed well , I make sure there is a firm but not too tight atty connection when using it , and it reads true ... the only issue occurs if its over tightened ( really overtightened ! ) and it can vary in resistance by an ohm or less ... so I am guessing the insulator they replaced out works ok as long as you dont grind the guts out of it ?

I still check it just about everytime I inhale with it tho ... once bitten , always cautious .... so they have at least lessened the problems the first run had , but I am not 100% convinced they cured them ... At least its a step in the right direction and would appear sigelie is actually listening to customers ?

I will use the board out of the dodgy Silver first run one in something else one day hopefully some resoldering of a good quality 510 will negate its issues
    Hidden1 likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Cool. I emailed the vendor and will wait to hear back. Thanks for the responses.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Its pretty common knowledge here the first run of the Sigelie 50W had "issues " ( I have one ... apparently it traces back to the 510 connector and insulation being dodgy and the resistance calculation because of it can be wayyyy out , or indeed not firing) This is a known thing , and if purchased from a vendor should be replaceable or credit issued ... Having said that I also have a later model Black one , that has performed well , I make sure there is a firm but not too tight atty connection when using it , and it reads true ... the only issue occurs if its over tightened ( really overtightened ! ) and it can vary in resistance by an ohm or less ... so I am guessing the insulator they replaced out works ok as long as you dont grind the guts out of it ?

I still check it just about everytime I inhale with it tho ... once bitten , always cautious .... so they have at least lessened the problems the first run had , but I am not 100% convinced they cured them ... At least its a step in the right direction and would appear sigelie is actually listening to customers ?

I will use the board out of the dodgy Silver first run one in something else one day hopefully some resoldering of a good quality 510 will negate its issues

tl;dr - you were silly enough to buy a SECOND UNIT

dude..
    Fatman likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertylesh View Post
    tl;dr - you were silly enough to buy a SECOND UNIT

dude..
    Ummmm No ... the vendor in question was happy to supply the black one , the silver therefore cost me nothing

TL;,DR ... never assume LOL
    Last edited by Fatman; 30-10-14 at 11:32 AM.
    bobbavet likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them