Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

(Noob) Question regarding RTAs and coils

Hi guys,

I bought a mvp2 a few months ago and I'm looking for something bigger and better now. My ultimate goal is to find a perfect median between performance and convenience.

I have decided on buying an IPV2 60w box mod. They look nice and have all the power I will need.

I have been tossing up what to pair with it though, as I want something I can take out with me as well as vape at home. This means I'm not really interested in drippers yet.

After looking around a bit I ended up buying a Fogger v 4.1 clone from fasttech (and an ohm meter).

I'm not really super interested in the building side at the moment, don't really have enough time right now.
    Anyway I saw these coils: Micro Coil 0.8 ohm 10 Pack - The Vaper Caper they are pre made so i figure I'd just buy some Japanese organic cotton from vapoureyes and wick them.

Questions:

These coils say 0.8 ohm. The fogger v4.1 is dual coil (if I'm correct), if i put 2 of these pre made coils in it will that be a "0.8 dual coil build"?

Is this a decent idea for a bit less hassle of learning how to build properly etc on my part?

I plan on running this set up anywhere between 25 and 35 watts.

Thanks for your help guys. Sorry for the noob questions.

lmb
    AVF Regular
    If you run a dual coil with two 0.8 coils, you will get a 0.4ohm build. You halve the resistance when going dual coil. I'd recommend starting much higher than that, and also probably starting on a single coil atty. The kayfun is a good starting point
    RIP VP

AVF Regular
    edit - what he said

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Quote Originally Posted by lmb View Post
    If you run a dual coil with two 0.8 coils, you will get a 0.4ohm build. You halve the resistance when going dual coil. I'd recommend starting much higher than that, and also probably starting on a single coil atty. The kayfun is a good starting point
    Appreciate the quick reply mate, thanks.

Can I ask why you would recommend starting higher than that? Just curious.
    Would you straight up advise against me doing this?

Thanks

lmb
    AVF Regular
    As long as you're using a regulated device with appropriate short circuit protection and inbuilt safety, understand battery safety and are confident in your builds you can. It is always recommended to get a good understanding of how ohm's law, batteries and e-cigs in general work before jumping straight into sub-ohm builds. It is a misnomer that you need to go low to get a good vape.

Start with a simple, single coil atty and work up to dual coil and super high wattage.
    RIP VP

Ok thanks for your help lmb!

AVF Regular
    You could get yourself a single coil RTA and use one of those coils. I've got a single 0.8ohm coil in the Kayfun and it vapes well.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    I think the Fogger will have trouble wicking a .4 ohm build -- that is too low for most tank systems, except maybe the Orchid. You could turn the power down to try to compensate, but then it will take forever for the coils to heat up. Since you already have the Fogger, I would suggest buying some higher resistance coils (1.8-2 ohms each) for it, or get some 28-30g kanthal and wrap your own.

AVF Regular
    These would probably be better imo, 0.8 ohm at 10wraps 2mm id sounds like 24g to me, probably be to heavy, i tried the VK ones in a kayfun and stripped the threads out of the block on the deck, these are 30g and i think more suited to tanks, just my opinion though.

Micro Coils 1.4 Ohm - Pre-Wrapped (10 Pack) | VapeKing
    *I Use Clones*

Ive taken the advice on board and just bought a kayfun clone as well from fasttech.

I read that with a regualted box mod like the ipv2, its not ideal to sub-ohm and it performs best with 1.0 - 1.4 ohm set ups.

So I was thinking if i just went with what Sludge said and bought these Micro Coils 1.4 Ohm - Pre-Wrapped (10 Pack) | VapeKing that would be acceptable in the Kayfun yeah?

Thanks guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast