Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: What is with........

AVF Regular

What is with........

All of these box mods coming out capable of hitting 100w, 150w?
    With it capable of sub-ohm firing wouldn't a .8 ohm coil or even a 1.8ohm coil wouldn't it just burn the living daylights out of the juice running at 100+ watts?

And wouldn't it also make them more than a little volatile with that much power being pumped through them?
    Leadership is solving problems.
    The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped have leading them.
    The have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded you do not care.
    Either case is a failure of leadership

General Colin Powell

ProVari V2.5 Zombie Edition, Innokin iTaste 134, Aspire Nautilus (BVC) with Brushed Steel Assay Tank, Kanger AeroTank Mega

AVF Regular
    Yeah, I can't see how coil/s that'll draw, say 8A/30w on a mech wouldn't get a whole bunch hotter if you pump 100w through them, hot enough to burn methinks, I don't think any wick/juice could keep something like that to a wire temperature where burning wasn't occurring.
    Burn it & you got acrolin & other nasty combustion products - kinda defeats the purpose of vaping rather than smoking if you're gonna burn your juice.

AVF Regular
    Pretty much exactly what I thought :S
    Leadership is solving problems.
    The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped have leading them.
    The have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded you do not care.
    Either case is a failure of leadership

General Colin Powell

ProVari V2.5 Zombie Edition, Innokin iTaste 134, Aspire Nautilus (BVC) with Brushed Steel Assay Tank, Kanger AeroTank Mega

Jas
    AVF Regular
    I wonder when its going to stop??? 180W, 250W, 500w..... Sickning new tread of vaping which IMHO will be the downfall of electronic cigs and vaping just wont be vaping, it will be "ripping bongs" and death. Gone are the days of having a nice genuine set-up which provides more than enough flavour and vapor.
    Now we are putting all our trust in china to keep us alive. Thats scary.....
    Last edited by Jas; 31-10-14 at 03:24 PM.
    disley likes this.
    The Glock 9mm has a historic legacy of reliability, performance, Power and perfection

Vaping has just become apart of life, It will always be there until the very end.
    Official Vanilla custard extremist and connoisseur.

AVF Regular
    I concur. I've always loved box mods, but IMHO it's all gone way past my interest now. I don't even try to keep up.
    Hmmm that must mean I've found my vaping sweet spot, if I'm not chasing new things anymore Go me
    jen, Jas and merexy like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    I agree there are some great box mods out there, with genuine evolve DNA boards. Only just recently evolve released the DNA 40. Even if they never upgraded from the DNA 20 most vapers would still be happy.
    The Glock 9mm has a historic legacy of reliability, performance, Power and perfection

Vaping has just become apart of life, It will always be there until the very end.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    I concur. I've always loved box mods, but IMHO it's all gone way past my interest now. I don't even try to keep up.
    Hmmm that must mean I've found my vaping sweet spot, if I'm not chasing new things anymore Go me
    Me too essie. Can't vape higher than 8 watts
    Jas likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Jas
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Me too essie. Can't vape higher than 8 watts
    Come on now criss, your such a lady, i cant get a good vape under 189W

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Come on now criss, your such a lady, i cant get a good vape under 189W
    It's really hard to blow clouds with dainty 2 sec puffs
    Jas and oxey like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

I vagely recall reading a paper that estimated a puffed cigarette generates between 10 and 50W of heat (chiefly around 20W) - obviously the physics are somewhat different, but unless you are running 10+ big coils at once, it baffles me how it can be done (I am a girly man who coughs over 8W though...)

I guess if you are young and haven’t had a chance to trash your lungs for decades smoking yet, these maxtreme mods offer that missed opportunity?
    Stomp, Jas, akef38 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast