Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I need a more permanant solution to my 510 pin dropping.

Question I need a more permanant solution to my 510 pin dropping.

I got my MVP2 about 5 days ago and it has been great, except the connector pin has already dropped.
    I managed to pull it back up with a makeshift paperclip pick but it still drops from time to time.

what can I do to fix this ?

also, on the MVP2, does the connector going into the box screw out ?
    if i can open it up i will be able to put rubber washers under the pin.

Thanks in advance !

AVF Regular
    Hi Humbleroller . Just like everyone would say, a permanent = New MVP2 or even a better permanent, place the Innokin aside for a spare and perhaps if $$$ permits - the all new ProVari III. You're sure that the money will be very well spent. As for the MVP2 and making it a permanent fix, well if you're pretty good with fixing things make sure you power it down, get something like a small screw driver that will get under or around the 510 pin connection and slowly work around it till you can pull it up 5- 10 millimeters maximum. If you pull it to far up the wire attached too the pin will come off and you will need soldering skills. You will find an o-ring under it, that's what usually is the problem. It's either worn down or even snapped. Because the 510 connection on the MVP2 comes out so far up, you may want to replace the o-ring with a slightly thicker one. Not to thick as you will find your tanks or whatever you are using will stay higher. If you have managed not to snap the wire, push pin back down, 5 clicks on , watch the beautiful colours allowing to know it's on place favourite tank or whatever you are using on . Vape on

Sent Telepathically While Asleep
    Yul Brynner: Whatever you do, don't "Smoke"

AVF Regular
    This link it to a pictorial of a MVP disassemble.

MVP Postmortem - Imgur
    Robray likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

I managed to fix one of mine (after some googling) using the larger edge clipped off an evod coil insulator which I slipped under the pin. Worked like a charm and didn't have to buy anything extra or disassemble the MVP

i have some spare little rubber washers.. i have no idea how i would slip it over the pin though.

@crisscross: i dont have the tools to open up the MVP and i would break it if i did. I was really hoping that the 510 would unscrew from the top of the box.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbleroller View Post
    i have some spare little rubber washers.. i have no idea how i would slip it over the pin though.

@crisscross: i dont have the tools to open up the MVP and i would break it if i did. I was really hoping that the 510 would unscrew from the top of the box.
    That's no good then. Can you get a replacement under warranty.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Super Moderator
    Are you screwing the atomiser (clearo/whatever) on too tight, thereby pushing the pin down?
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Quote Originally Posted by Humbleroller View Post

Try prising the pin up a little and use the aid of some small pointy tweezers to get the washer over the pin Or two-three paperclip ends would work.

AVF Regular
    Thank you mrjinks

Don't open it. There's no need. You need to slowly lift the pin with a smaller head shaped screwdriver. A little on one side the other - work around till you can lift as mentioned 5 millimeters and no more the 10 millimeters. While you clean or take the old o-ring away and have the pin lifted, you place it over the top and push back down... Again, safety first. Power off device and do not lift pin to high.

ok folks. i found out what the problem is when the pin drops.

The problem isnt that the connection from the atty to the 510 isnt being made, the problem is that the pin is touching its own base...

solution: 5mm rubber washer. Took me 1 hour to think of, 5 minutes to accomplish and about 10 swearwords to get it right.
    You will need a paperclip to make a pic to bring the pin up.
    2 tiny screwdrivers or another paperclip pic (pick?.. lookes like _________/ )
    Once the pin is up slip the rubber washer over the ends of the screwdrivers and stretch it out a bit.
    put the screwdrivers down the opening and try to catch one side over the lip of the pin.
    slip the rest of the washer under the pin.
    make sure its all the way under.
    vape.

@Goodsteam & mrjinks: Where the hell were you when I needed you ?!

append: okay this fixed the problem for a bit longer but the ribber band wasnt thick enough and wants to fall down the hole.
    the next time a red rubberband comes in the mail i will use one of those.
    Last edited by Humbleroller; 02-11-14 at 06:49 PM.
    mrjinks likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast