Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Noob Alert: Low Resistance Protection

AVF Regular

Noob Alert: Low Resistance Protection

My favourite mod has a low resitance protection feature, won't fire under 1.2
    Just wondering if it was possible to modify my mod to change that to a lower resistance or remove it altogether?
    It would be nice to hit it a little lower than that, not saying I want to go a 0.2, but 0.6-0.8 would be nice...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hugeonreddit View Post
    My favourite mod has a low resitance protection feature, won't fire under 1.2
    Just wondering if it was possible to modify my mod to change that to a lower resistance or remove it altogether?
    It would be nice to hit it a little lower than that, not saying I want to go a 0.2, but 0.6-0.8 would be nice...
    no no no no

what mod is it?

Very unlikely to be able to change the chip characteristics, and very probably not desirable for the chip to do so.

Plenty of cheap mods that fire 0.5 ohms, what is your favourite mod and why?

I know it's not the ileaf since you haven't played the end part of the co-op

AVF Regular
    It's the Silenus 350 version.
    I like the rosewood finish & with a short dripper, fits snug in my hand.
    No dramas if it can't be done. I get the feeling that firing away on two 2.4 coils is too much for 18350's to bear...or is it the other way around? Does lower resistance drain more than higher? Maybe I'm just being a hysterical noob.
    And yes, thanks for reminding me, I'll sort out the co-op tomorrow morn.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hugeonreddit View Post
    It's the Silenus 350 version.
    I like the rosewood finish & with a short dripper, fits snug in my hand.
    No dramas if it can't be done. I get the feeling that firing away on two 2.4 coils is too much for 18350's to bear...or is it the other way around? Does lower resistance drain more than higher? Maybe I'm just being a hysterical noob.
    And yes, thanks for reminding me, I'll sort out the co-op tomorrow morn.
    lower resistance = more current drain

Attend forthwith, Uncle Gruffy's Ohms Law lessons.

Silenus is a beautiful mod, but it's not designed for low ohms. If it's the wood you like, why not have something made in the style you like that can fire low ohms and satisfy your aesthetic urges?
    Altered1 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Does such a wizard exist?
    Thanks for the simple clarification, Uncle Gruffy's Lessons should be it's own subforum IMO.
    Maybe the ileaf will solve all my future sub-ohm-complexes & I can use the Silenus when nobody is watching what i'm ohm'ing at.

Jay
    AVF Regular
    ileaf? ....... well the the eLeaf iStick doesn't subohm.........1 ohm minimum
    Altered1 likes this.

Note: $$$ saved is not true as I now spend it all (plus more) on vaping gear

AVF Regular
    Why the urge to subohm?
    If it is a matter of vape output, surely you'll get the same with a 1.5 -1.8 ohm coil with higher volts?
    Fatman and Altered1 like this.

AVF Regular
    I love my Silenus - if an ego is to a cigarette, then the Silenus is to a Cigar!
    But as Mr G says - just up the Wattage for a very satisfying hit - it's not a vapor machine but don't think it was meant to be.......

(Plus if your chasing clouds, you will prob want more wattage than it can provide anyways?)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Why the urge to subohm?
    If it is a matter of vape output, surely you'll get the same with a 1.5 -1.8 ohm coil with higher volts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoville View Post
    I love my Silenus - if an ego is to a cigarette, then the Silenus is to a Cigar!
    But as Mr G says - just up the Wattage for a very satisfying hit - it's not a vapor machine but don't think it was meant to be.......

(Plus if your chasing clouds, you will prob want more wattage than it can provide anyways?)
    You're not wrong, it's just a bit of hysteria on my part.
    Since I live in the eternal dilemma of an 18350 owner, higher wattage to get the bigger hit kills the battery in about as much time as it's taken me to write this reply.
    But as you mentioned earlier, my ignorance failed to recognise that lower ohms drains more current than higher ohms.

I've whinged about 18350's before. I have a love hate. Love the size, hate the output.
    So what would a lesson be for me and other noobs who want to get the most out of their 18350s? Aside from use AW's...
    - higher ohms = less drain
    - don't run above 4v or 8 watts unless you have another battery in your pocket
    - see a therapist if you still feel emotional about them
    ?
    Fatman and oxey like this.

AVF Regular
    carry spares. its the trade for form over capacity.

imagine how I feel with my beloved 14500s
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast