Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: How to stop leakage /Kfun/Russian

AVF Regular

Angry How to stop leakage /Kfun/Russian

Is it normal to have small random leakage from air hole/vent.
    Most of my tanks,kfuns /russians/Earotank mega randomly leak from their air vents.NOT a lot ,but i have to insert finely rolled tissue into holes to blot up leakage.
    Once excess is blotted ,all work fine until ,sometimes 15 minutes or more of vaping and i have to blott again.(frustrating)
    Using 65/35 and Ken Do cotton in all devices ,No other issues ,vaping and flavors are fine . No gurgling ,all tanks have single coils 1.5ohm ,self made coils .
    Pulling hair out !!!!!!!!!!

You checked there's enough cotton? All I can think of personally as I've been really lucky and had no issues with my KF...other than leaving it on the bench and walking away.
    Fawks likes this.

AVF Regular
    over wicking by the sounds of it.
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    Coil a little too low perhaps?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    over wicking by the sounds of it.
    What he said

Coil could be placed too high. Some pics would help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Also check your o rings as decompression is an enemy of these atties. They rely on pressure.
    Oldhead likes this.

AVF Regular
    That was the problem i was having, my thoughts are that we put these things together and they work on pressure, then we subject them to temperature changes and our pressure goes all to hell, if the air temp gets warmer i would think that would mean it expands then pushes more juice into the chamber, combine that with the juice getting thinner and hey presto leaky atty, if you blow through the airhole and let the excess juice blow out through the drip tip that could be worth trying, this is part of the reason i gave up on tanks, nothing worse than looking forward to a vape and all you get is gurgle and juice in your mouth.
    Stomp, akef38 and Oldhead like this.
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Regular
    i had the same problem with my kayfuns,even the original.I was injecting to fill them up and thought this was the problem, having something to do with the valve.So i started to top fill.same thing small leakage again. Great atty's but as Sludge said it does piss you off when you grab your Provari and there's juice all over it.
    I might even go back to the Nautilus Tanks, or if anyone knows of a small Tampon to stick in the hole to stop leakage !!! lol
    AL

AVF Regular
    I have an easy top fill cap an found that if that o ring inside an on top of chimney is worn is pisses out the airflow. Keep that in good shape an its all roses. Sometimes if it dry hits you can turn the top cap open then shut an its away again. Also bewares of trapping wick in threads as this can cause a few issues, all in all tho, easy to fix atty. But certainly keep an eye on that top o ring
    Oldhead likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    That was the problem i was having, my thoughts are that we put these things together and they work on pressure, then we subject them to temperature changes and our pressure goes all to hell, if the air temp gets warmer i would think that would mean it expands then pushes more juice into the chamber, combine that with the juice getting thinner and hey presto leaky atty, if you blow through the airhole and let the excess juice blow out through the drip tip that could be worth trying, this is part of the reason i gave up on tanks, nothing worse than looking forward to a vape and all you get is gurgle and juice in your mouth.
    Thanks Sludge ,im kinda thinking that air pressure is the enemy as well, your definition is very plausible , all tanks are in top condition (o,rings ,seals etc) plenty of vapor and flavour so wicking doesnt enter the equasion.
    Coils are set approx 1mm above air inlet.
    Happens only when tanks are hot ?????
    Does any one know if (when cold air becomes warm) does the initial volume of air become expanded. We all know hot air rises.
    And No i am not overfilling tanks .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast