• 1 Post By BlueJay
  • 1 Post By Pipesub
  • 1 Post By BlueJay
  • 1 Post By Northerner
  • 1 Post By laurie9300

Thread: Aqua V2 or Rose V2?

AVF Regular

Aqua V2 or Rose V2?

Would like to get some advice from people who have used both Aqua and Rose attys.

I was going to get a stumpy Rose V2 when it becomes available here in Aus, but while I was patiently waiting I came across the Aqua V2 by Footoon in his FB page, and wondering if it's a good idea to get this instead of Rose.

I hear lots and lots of good things about Rose V2 but I must say it is quite expensive. It is made of 316 surgical grade SS and comes with beautiful looking stand.

But I also heard some good stories about Aqua V1 and I can presume that V2 should be as good as or even better than V1. It is also made of 316 grade SS, comes with a dripper kit, looks quite easy to build single or dual coils and should be easy to re-wick like kayfun and integrated AFC and juice control. And although I have to get it from US, it's still cheaper than getting Rose V2 locally.

Any thoughts please?
    If anyone can remember how good Aqua V1 was and can compare that to Rose V2 (or even with Kayfun), it will be great!!!

AVF Regular
    I'd like to bring this back to life....

I have a Rose V2 already, it is my favourite atomiser....Has anyone tried the Aqua V2 yet? I can see one site where they are available here now. Very tempted.

AVF Regular
    Couldn't wait to see if someone else had it yet. I bought one postage paid, locally, for $132.

Pretty happy with that.
    Pipesub likes this.

AVF Regular
    Well... I ended up getting both. Bought aqua first then was able to grab a stumpy rose from one of the forum members.
    They are both very nice and I use them everyday.

Aqua V2:
    - Looks better than Rose (subjective...) especially with the transparent tank.
    - Produce more vapour from dual coil
    - In my experience 0.7-1.0 ohm dual setting works best.
    - Not sure if it's just me but I found fruit flavours are weaker while menthol gets stronger in aqua.
    - Can be PITA to build it first time.
    - Juice and air control are not separate.

Have a look at this post at ECF if you haven't. I found it very useful.
    Pipesub likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Couldn't wait to see if someone else had it yet. I bought one postage paid, locally, for $132.

Pretty happy with that.
    Hey Northerner - I've got a Rose V2 as well and have been fussing about, wanting a second one. They are hard to come by and quite x-e in Aus so I'd really be interested in your impression from a Rose owner point of view.

Cheers
    Northerner likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post

Pretty happy with that.
    BTW $132 is freaking good price compared to what I paid a few months ago.
    Northerner likes this.

AVF Regular
    I was pretty stoked with that price too. I think the store I bought it from caters to the starter market specifically. It's the 1 and only item they have over Ego type gear.

Probably been sat there going dusty so they reduced to clear...
    BlueJay likes this.

AVF Regular
    As far as I can tell this is the only place in Australia selling them, he only had 5 and as I bought 1 that makes 4 left...
    Last edited by Northerner; 28-04-15 at 09:18 PM.

AVF Regular
    I've got the Aqua V2, the controversial one that was originally listed on Fasttech as Authentic, then downgraded to OEM.

I absolutely love it. Great flavour, great vapour, easy to build, couldn't be happier. You can change your builds without emptying the tank, which is handy. It also can be hybridised.

There are problems though, and they have all been reported in the real authentic. The post holes can be fussy to line up, and there are 3 holes in each post, which is weird. Some have had the holes drilled wrong, joining two sets of holes together.

There are only 2 posts at different heights, so you have to wrap your coils in opposite directions for them to sit right, not a problem if you remember.

Mine had the tank wobble problem, the threads on the chimney/tank are loose. I put a thicker o-ring on which has fixed it.

You only get play our steel tanks, glass is not an option. So if you vape tank crackers, and want to see your juice, this isn't the tank.

This atty, has not been empty since I got it, one of the best bus of my vaping life.

Having said all that, I have never tried a Rose so I can't compare............
    Last edited by laurie9300; 24-04-15 at 07:02 PM.
    Pipesub likes this.

AVF Regular
    Bloody thing is a clone...

Have messaged back that I am returning the item. He can pay me back or hash it out with PayPal.

edit out nasty words..

The guy seemed genuinely shocked, offered me my money back and said i could keep the item too.

I guess I shouldn't think the worst of people, we all make mistakes... and he is new to selling devices.
    Last edited by Northerner; 28-04-15 at 09:21 PM.