Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Thoughts on Provari P3-20W?

AVF Regular

Question Thoughts on Provari P3-20W?

Hello Vapers!

I stumbled upon an email from a vendor and was amazed by the Provari P3-20W, I was lost for words for its price, almost $300(+shipping). But I thought this might be worth the dime after reading their descriptions, packed with tech and safety features,and reviews by others, let me know what do you think of the Provari P3, is it worth the fortune? or there's something better than this out there with a similar price range or even cheaper.

(FYI: I'm currently vaping on iTaste Mini VW, and Kanger Aerotank)

AVF Regular
    This question is going to come up regularly. I don't own the p3 but between us hubby and I have 5 provari's. They are between 1-2 years old and in my opinion are bullet proof. Personally I am not keen on the new look but Ours have yet to miss a beat and I will continue using our current models until they drop.

Paying for high quality mods is a personal choice. It is all about how you vape and what you want to carry.
    Fatman, akef38 and sliu121 like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    This question is going to come up regularly. I don't own the p3 but between us hubby and I have 5 provari's. They are between 1-2 years old and in my opinion are bullet proof. Personally I am not keen on the new look but Ours have yet to miss a beat and I will continue using our current models until they drop.

Paying for high quality mods is a personal choice. It is all about how you vape and what you want to carry.
    Thanks Criss!

Super Moderator
    2 cartons of Marlboro Reds .... put it in perspective more?
    Echos the bulletproof comments ... never had a drama with any provari I have owned , and a P3 will be next .... ( and possibly my last big dollar mod )
    akef38, Vaporific and sliu121 like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    2 cartons of Marlboro Reds .... put it in perspective more?
    Echos the bulletproof comments ... never had a drama with any provari I have owned , and a P3 will be next .... ( and possibly my last big dollar mod )
    That's the thing. If I liked the look I would buy in an instant.
    Fatman and sliu121 like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    That's the thing. If I liked the look I would buy in an instant.
    Ahem .. Skoville wraps ahem ahem *
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Ahem .. Skoville wraps ahem ahem *
    Nah it has to stand on its own merits.
    Fatman and trojan like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    If you're content with vaping attys that don't require higher wattage to perform at their best (e.g. RDA's), then I'm guessing the P3 will be a solid, well built device.

Personally, I was pretty disappointed with what they came up with after resting on their laurels for the past couple of years and just milking the original ProVari cash cow. It doesn't seem a very significant leap forward considering how much time has passed since they've released a product.

I'd much rather support Evolv and buy a DNA40 device if I was to buy a high-end VW device.
    sliu121 likes this.

Not a Provari owner. Taste is subjective and all that but I don't like the look of the older versions. In particular, the tapered top cap combined with the droplets made it look well...off putting.

I would possibly spend that much on a box mod if it had appealing features and looked nice as well. The 20 watt thing seems backward, I'm not a super high wattage vaper but it seems almost lazy not to bring out at least a 30 watt device considering the price point. Then again, the P3 will probably outlast anything I own. Right now, I'd get the SVD2 instead. Which I'm actually quite tempted to do.
    sliu121 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Going on the quality of the prev ous model (may as well call it the P2 now) it will be a fantastic device. Build, support etc almost second to none. Having said that, I'll wait until it comes down in price a bit as I think $280~ is a little steep for me
    sliu121 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast