Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Something I have found.

AVF Regular

Something I have found.

From my early days I have always liked my low to medium powered VV/VW devices for their ease of use and safety features. But I have come to love something much more simplistic. A mech with a 1 to 1.8 ohm build. I don't know what it is but I just love the flavour and amount of vapour. I'm thinking the pure power of the battery rather than it being "upped" by a device in a chip. Just my sweet spot now I guess. Good coil, good wick, straight battery....

Can't beat it IMO.

AVF Regular
    Ya cant beat vv. That good vapour/flavour doesnt last long in a mech. An hour or so into your vape and your changing batts, stuff that. With vv you get what you set till the last puff and you have more control over the vape. Mechs are too primitive and you get sick of carrying around a pocket full of batts everywhere ya go.
    Robray, Jay and Vaporific like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Ya cant beat vv. That good vapour/flavour doesnt last long in a mech. An hour or so into your vape and your changing batts, stuff that. With vv you get what you set till the last puff and you have more control over the vape. Mechs are too primitive and you get sick of carrying around a pocket full of batts everywhere ya go.
    Variable devices don't make the batteries any last longer though. 1.5ohm on a mech mod will vape fine (+2 rule) and it won't just cut out on you like a variable. Place for both though.

AVF Regular
    I hear what your saying steve.c. Just the point I'm at at the moment. Pretty much use mech's at home so it doesn't matter if a battery goes flat there's always one in reach. I soon know when a battery is about to go off, one of the reasons I suppose for L-ion batteries.

I went out the other day with only one mod and the battery went flat and I didn't panic. Just thought, "oh well, have to wait until I get home". I think I have come a long way.
    Skoville likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lheamfrg View Post
    Variable devices don't make the batteries any last longer though. 1.5ohm on a mech mod will vape fine (+2 rule) and it won't just cut out on you like a variable. Place for both though.
    Yes, I still use them when I feel fit.

AVF Regular
    I'm with you merexy. But obviously I don't vape as much as some people; as using 2 mechs I charge batteries every 3-4 days.

Saying that however, I am going to start building at 1.1-1.2 ohms rather than at 1.4, as the vape is better at 4.2v then 3.7. And without looking at battery discharge graphs, as far as I understand the curve drops sharpest from 4.2v and begins to flatten out as it nears 3.5v.
    So building a little lower ohms should keep it in that sweet spot for longer.

If I did vape a lot more (only about 2 ish ml a day), I might get sick of a quickly diminishing vape quality and have to look around for a vv/vw device.
    But honestly I just love the look of a simple minimalist mech. Bauhaus designers would be happy. I suppose I could try a kick one day?

If however, someone made a vv/vw device that looked like a bottom fire mech, perhaps a sapphire crystal or gorilla glass touchscreen with a couple of swipe or tap controls (even possibly bluetooth), I would be sold. So long as the circuitry didn't take up much room and make the tube mod too long.
    merexy likes this.

AVF Regular
    I much prefer the constant output from my regulated mods. Prior to owning the higher powered ones I only used mechs for dripping, now I don't use mechs at all. I will still be stockpiling a little collection of mechs though just in case. They're the only thing you can put away in a box and be sure it will be working and continue working for years.

AVF Regular
    I only use mechs, have had vv/vw in the past - I just prefer the clean DC voltage from a mech.
    I just build so that it hits a little hard on a fresh bat but for most of the bat life it's bang on, drops down from 4.2V to 3.8-3.9V pretty quick.
    I vape about 6-7ml a day with .45ohm dual coils - I go through generally around 4-5 batteries a day, pretty much get 3/4 of a tank from a battery, so when it's time to top up the tank I change out the battery, no biggie.

Form factor of a compact mech is hard to beat, VV/VW stuff of any decent power is freaking huge in comparison.

Yes. Most people around here do not understand the difference between Load Voltage and Open Cct Voltage.

AVF Regular
    Have to disagree... I get a full days (consistently good)vape out of a single 18490 battery. It just comes down to how you build your coil... yes you do get more control with a good regulated device but you gain a reduction in size/weight. Most are just unnecessary gadgets... There is nothing "primitive" about a good mech....

Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast