Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nicaholic

Thread: Joyetech eGrip - user manual contains incorrect info re charging

AVF Regular

Joyetech eGrip - user manual contains incorrect info re charging

I got my new Joyetech eGrip yesterday but because there's no battery meter I thought I should probably charge it first in case it wasn't fully charged before being boxed etc. The little user manual says that the led light surrounding fire button will slowly flash while the unit is charging and when the unit is fully charged the Led light will remain on.

So I inserted the supplied USB cable that came with the kit into a Joyetech AC wall charger which I already had from a previous purchase. I plugged it in and the Led light around the fire button started to slowly flash, but then after only a couple of minutes the Led light went out completely – i.e. it wasn’t lit nor was it slowly flashing. I removed the USB charging cord and then replaced it and immediately the Led light started flashing slowly again, but after a couple of minutes it again went out completely.

I repeated this same process a half a dozen times and used three different USB charging cables and three different AC wall adaptors. However the result was the same each time – the led light around the fire button flashed for a couple of minutes and then went out completely.

Consequently, I couldn't tell if it was fully charged or only charged over 60%. The little indicator light under the fire button remains on when I press the fire button which the manual says means that it has at least above 60% charge.

I wanted badly to load it up and use it, but I didn't want to fill it with juice and then have to clean it out etc if it was faulty and had to be returned/replaced so I sent Joyetech an email.

I just received the below email response from Joyetech Customer Service. Now here's a shock - the user manual is incorrect re charging. The Led light goes OUT when its fully charged, rather than staying lit.

Dear friend,

Thanks for your email and sorry for the inconvenience.

We are regretful to tell you that the egrip user manual has something wrong.
    The button will go out when the device is fully charged.
    We will correct this mistake as soon as possible.

Hope you can understand us and if any problems feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day.

Best wishes!

Shenzhen Joyetech Co., Ltd.
    4/F ,9th Blvd.Changxing High New Tech. Industry Zone, Shajing Town, Baoan
    District, ShenZhen China.
    Tel: 0086 755 81773055 Fax: 0086 755 81737094
    Web: Joyetech electronic cigarette, Tank System, Changeable System, eCom-BT, eCom-C series, eVic supreme, joye510CC, eCom, eMode, eGo-CC, eVic, eRoll, eGo-C, eGo-T, 510-T, e-Liquid, myVapors Email: service@joyetech.com

AVF Regular
    I saw this in the other thread. I just tried it so see what it was like. Glad to know.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Yeah I thought it would be best to make a post given the likely significant numbers of AVF members who are about to receive their eGrips over the next few days//weeks, to save them the annoyance of wondering why the light keeps going out when they're charging it
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Where did you guys get your egrips?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Simon had them at ecigmodshop. Out of stock at the moment but VK should have them up tomorrow.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    I ordered mine direct from Joyetech US. Being a new type of mod and the first of it's kind I was interested having a reasonable warranty. If you buy direct from Joyetech you get 180 days/six month warranty but only 90 days if through a retailer.

this all-in-one device has very outstanding advantage, but all-in -one is its biggest disadvantage.....