Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Fasttech RBAs rusting

AVF Regular

Fasttech RBAs rusting

About a year ago I bought a SS kayfun 3.1, Black Kayfun lite and a Taifun from fasttech. Now that I can easily build contact coils, I decided to finally try these things out. Just to be sure I wasnt breathing any machine lube, I decided to disassemble the attys and threw all the pieces into detergent water. All three atty bases are now rusted at the side air inlets, and I can only assume that they are rusted all the way through the air hole.

This is disgusting. I've thrown everyting into the trash. I don't even.

I refuse to buy anymore clone attys ever again.

AVF Regular
    Yep, I bought a load of RDAs from Fasttech and they all rusted after a while. I don't bother buying that crap anymore it's false economy.
    PurpleVapes and J-D like this.

AVF Regular
    I cant believe this is even a thing that exists- thats its an issue now that I have to look out for when trying out a new atty.

I mean.. really... a "rusting" atomizer? For ef' sake.

makes my brain hurt.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Hmm ... and I was looking at a FT RSST for spare parts ... bet the spring and washers will rust ... Oh well perhaps I will go else where ...

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

Super Moderator
    "Stainless aint "Stainless" Sol..... " <--- ripping off old oil ads now lol
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Dip you atty in apple cider vinegar for 10 hours that will get rid of the rust. Good for bolts too.

AVF Regular
    Dear Fasttech,

Just a quick FYI, Stainless steel is a material. not a surface colour option.

Regards,
    Rusty Buckets.
    Crisscross, Fatman, Nakor and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Actually low grade stainless will show surface rust. It cost Brisbane city council millions when all the stainless hand rails showed surface rust along south bank. Its one of those thing that happen when something is built by the lowest tenderer your attys were more than likely the same grade stainless as is used by muffler shops for building car exhausts lol
    Kaoself and jeno1200 like this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

AVF Regular
    Understand the feelings, but I'd rather ingest rust than aluminium oxide. Iron, even ferric oxide is pretty natural in the body, aluminium is not.
    Robray and Kaoself like this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    I know rust don’t look pretty, but iron oxide (in moderation) is not detrimental to humans. Pregnant women are prescribed iron although I prefer Guinness to get my daily fix. The big issue with rust and depending where it accumulates is voltage drop on the appliance in question. Rust is a fact of life and in fact it was the only source of dietary iron during the industrial revolution, delivered by cast iron water pipes and cast iron cooking pots. Our generation have become a bunch of hypochondriacs who are not happy unless everything is sanitized with Detol or Clorex. For all the peeps who cant handle the rusty Vape gear, feel free to donate to the Robray Vape Museum. Postage for your account!!!
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast