Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BlackDog

Thread: What mod Next to suit my needs

Smile What mod Next to suit my needs

Hi All,

I've been Vaping for quite some time and I've come to a point where I'd like to upgrade from my E VIC. My simple reason, a freshly charged battery is great, 1/2 way through the day, anything less than 80% power reported and the taste drops and experience diminishes. Now it's not terrible, and I manage to keep going right down to something low like 20% before recharging, but what I really want is a device that is consistent throughout the life cycle of the battery charge.

I am currently Vaping an Aspire Nautilus tank, 1.8 ohm BVC, 70%VG Fluid. I have it set at 11 Watts and it's very much to my liking, like I said, while the battery is fresh.

What Mod and battery combination should I be looking at. Do I really need to spend $260 - $300 on a ProVari to achieve what I want? Is what I want even possible? Any advice would be appreciated. I read about ProVari and rDNA devices, they both say same quality of Vape from 100% - 20% of battery. Both are expensive (I mean I'll pay it if they do indeed deliver!)

Thanks,

Sam.

AVF Regular
    I have a Hana modz V3 that takes an 18650 battery and works well on aspire nautilus and silo tanks.
    I'm sure there are many others, such as the istick, eleaf etc.
    http://www.eleafworld.com/index.php?...product_id=154

AVF Regular
    Isn't the eVic regulated? I would of thought it would output whatever power you ask it to regardless of battery%. Am i missing something?

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Well, yes, I believe it's advertised as being regulated. But from my understanding, there's Regulated and Regulated . Possibly not all regulated mods are created equal?

AVF Regular
    Evolv DNA and Provaris do deliver in my opinion, although experience and expectations do differ. I think it comes down to how many other (and subsequently far worse) mods you've tried before you may realise how nice the top of the crop type devices actually are.

AVF Regular
    Like SMU said, 11 watts should hit at 11 watts until the battery runs too low to sustain it. Is it possible that your devices aren't making good contact, gunk in the threads etc? Or maybe your battery is on its last legs? (as in getting to the end of its serviceable life)

The istick and eleaf are getting great reviews, haven't used one myself though. I have an MVP v2 which has been performing like a champ with brilliant battery life. All a lot cheaper than Provaris
    CCVaper likes this.

I'm not fat, I just ate somebody who was.

AVF Regular
    Inhave a Provari 2.5 & 3, yes they are wonderful, but of course you will find cheaper alternatives... Having a Provari wouldnt stop me buying other Mods, and it won't, they may notnhave the same build quality, may not be able to throw them out a window but atbthe end of the day, you want to press that firing button and vape hassle free....as Blackdog said, the iStick and eLeaf are getting great reviews and I will probably get an eLeaf myself.

Money buys fame, looks, reliability and quality.... But we could do without fame and other mods will offer just as much as the high priced ones.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

fad
    AVF Regular
    If you don't mind the form-factor the new iTaste SVD 2.0 might fit your needs.

It uses a specially designed DNA chip from Evolv that does up to 20 watts,
    has battery protection, maintains correct output and works well with low wattage
    vapes such as yours.

It should be turning up at the regular places real soon now, and should be 1/2 the
    cost of a Provari.

Guys thanks for the responses. Think I'll try an iStick first followed by iTaste SVD 2.0. Blackdog thanks. I regularly clean terminals with methylated spirits, learnt that from leaky tanks and eGo batteries. Yes a little maintenance goes a long way.

AVF Regular
    You could get a God Mod Im not sure how hard you vape but a fresh set of Batteries will get you through around 15 to 20ml of liquid
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....