• 1 Post By Vaporific
  • 2 Post By kay67kay
  • 1 Post By MrGruffy
  • 1 Post By J-D
  • 2 Post By merexy
  • 3 Post By Bobthebuilder

Thread: Are Vapers warmer than Smokers?

AVF Regular

Question Are Vapers warmer than Smokers?

A few years age, when I was still sucking the cancer sticks like life had gone out of style, I had an overnight stay in a teaching hospital. The head nurse came to me with a nurse in training, and told her to take me temperature, which she duly did. The trainee nurse then stared at the reading for a few moments with a look of confusion on her face. The reading was lower than expected.

The older nurse prompted her with "What would you ask this patient?". She brightened up and asked me "Do you smoke?" to which I replied "Yes". Then the elder nurse ticked a box on a sheet she carried, and they both left.

The conclusion I came to was that smoking lowers your body temperature. Great if you are burning up from fever, not very helpful otherwise.

But is it the nicotine in cigarettes that causes the temperature drop, or the 4000 or so other chemicals in tobacco smoke?

Does anyone know of studies of smoker vs. vaper body temperature? Do any of the vapers out there have non-smoking/vaping partners who can attest that they 'warmed up' after switching?
    J-D likes this.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AVF Regular
    absolutely. smoking affects your circulation, which affects your bodies ability to regulate temperature. as a smoker, i always had cold hands and feet. now, it's not a problem.
    Vaporific and J-D like this.

Did anyone do this scientific research? Anyone, if no, it can be treated as a good topic for those people who are interested in.

AVF Regular
    I surveyed my feet this last winter, and despite the feeble attempts of Sydney to launch an actual cold night, I had to stick feet out of the bed every night.
    I'm back to having to plunge my hands into iced water when dealing with pastry.

Sorry, not science, and a small sample but I'm convinced on a personal level.
    Vaporific likes this.

J-D
    Carbon monoxide in the darts would be responsible for lack of circulation, i think. I doubt vaping exposes you to it so it would be a safe bet that warmth levels would be pretty close to that of a non smoker.
    Unfortunately i dont know of any studies examining this specifically but i would also love to see if there was any even speculative pieces on it.

Nice thread vaporific. My partner used to always have freezing hands and feet so she just got to receive my own little analysis. Lo and behold..
    Vaporific likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have hot feet, always have even on the stinkies..... Shits me!!!!!
    disley and Vaporific like this.

AVF Regular
    My missus always has cold feet and hands, and hasn't smoked for over 10 years
    I always have warm hands and feet, even when I smoked
    disley, Vaporific and merexy like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporific View Post
    like life had gone out of style
    Thats funny.