Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Looking for low profile box mods like iTaste VTR

Looking for low profile box mods like iTaste VTR

Hi all!
    I am currently using a VTR as my out and about device. My tank of choice is an Aspire Nautilus mini however I find it annoying that I have to assemble it inside the ring to get it to fit. Are there any other box mods that are low profile like the iTaste VTR? Cheers!

eleaf istick is super low profile and cheap.

AVF Regular
    I know what you mean about the search for a regulated side-by-side mod! I've been on the look out for a reasonably priced, decently powerful one for ages. Atty on top style devices are much more popular though - so there's many more options there (like the istick, which is a nice little box, smaller than it looks in photos, but still has the atty connector on top).

You could always just remove the ring on the VTR. It requires either a lot of hand filing, or a Dremel (or similar small devices capable of cutting). Also, if you sand back the inner edge (the curved surface that sits against the tank), you can even squish a 22mm atty in there (like a Kayfun or R91%). Just make sure you sand back enough so that the atty screws in straight without cross threading - those 510 threads on the VTR are CRAZY soft and VERY easy to strip.

This is what I'm talking about....

Just cover all your connectors and buttons and such if you do decide to file / grind / cut the ring off - you do not want metal filings all over the place.
    Robray, Pipesub, LimeB and 1 others like this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

I guess rather than low profile I should have said "side by side box mod". I have an MVP but ended up getting a VTR because the tank always ends up sticking out of all of my pockets and it's quite awkward. I will probably end up grinding a little bit off the inside of the ring as there is barely a millimetre needed for the Nautilus Mini to slide in. The VTR is quite heavy and a fingerprint magnet so would be interested if there are any similar devices.
    Last edited by Jalit; 15-11-14 at 03:58 AM.
    Pipesub likes this.

I've been searching for the same thing lately Jalit. Tube mods are starting to irk me and even though I have a Billet Box and I do like it, I still like the flavour from my Rose better. Thing is, I really like the form factor of the BB. The only thing I can think of is a kicked SBS mec mod. I've just ordered a little adaptor from FT that allows an atty and mech to be attached side by side. https://www.fasttech.com/p/1923600

It's cheap so I'll give it a shot. I've also got a Kato clone on order. Tonyk, here on AVF is making a sweet little SBS that is just awesome but at $200+ something that takes some saving for me (looks very much worth the bucks though, high quality and top notch construction). If evolv comes up with a Kick 3 that has temp control, well that just might be the next big thing.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipesub View Post
    I've been searching for the same thing lately Jalit. Tube mods are starting to irk me and even though I have a Billet Box and I do like it, I still like the flavour from my Rose better. Thing is, I really like the form factor of the BB. The only thing I can think of is a kicked SBS mec mod. I've just ordered a little adaptor from FT that allows an atty and mech to be attached side by side. https://www.fasttech.com/p/1923600

It's cheap so I'll give it a shot. I've also got a Kato clone on order. Tonyk, here on AVF is making a sweet little SBS that is just awesome but at $200+ something that takes some saving for me (looks very much worth the bucks though, high quality and top notch construction). If evolv comes up with a Kick 3 that has temp control, well that just might be the next big thing.
    Morning. If you are ordering from fasttech they have a 5% discount coupon until the year end. XMAS14
    MrGruffy, Pipesub, Terryz and 1 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Hey CC - just missed out on that but the order was big so meh. Thanks for the heads up

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipesub View Post
    Hey CC - just missed out on that but the order was big so meh. Thanks for the heads up
    Isn't that always the way. Never mind, next time
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Ment to say not big. Doh!
    Crisscross likes this.

Get a Kato or clone.Still has a ring but fits Kayfuns,Herons etc
    Quite impressed with my one,solid and mine has been taking a pounding at work.
    Acciddently threw it yesterday and it didn't even blink few scars on it though.
    Crisscross and Pipesub like this.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast