Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: This just in - Vaping bad for hoarders....

AVF Regular

This just in - Vaping bad for hoarders....

I have a confession.
    I find it very very hard to let go of gear - even if I know I will most likely not use it again.
    I'll pass it on to people keen to give it a go gratis with no expectation of seeing it again, also have more out on 'lend' till 'Mine comes in' than I prob have at home, but I like knowing it will come home, be cleaned and loved till next time it is called upon to help someone out.

I find it hard to pass up something I have not tried, and I think to be fair I spend about 50% of what I used to on stinkies on shinies.

And I love them all - I like cleaning them when they will not be used for a while, packing them away in their little houses (boxes) and stacking them with their friends in a 'Dad Only!" cupboard....where If I must be honest, I imagine them to have 'toy story' style adventures, where the mutation x is reassuring the fogger v4.1 that even though I am ordering a new x2 with glass housing, I will still love them as well.....

I found some great instrument (meaning electronic / camera style) cases at jaycar for cheap, and for my mech mod sets I like to create traveling cases...... then worry that they may like their old house (retail box) better.
    I get concerned that the mechs and the vv/vw wont get on.
    I wonder if the gennie's and the drippers have a grudge against each other.

And i find myself wondering - "Is this what a hobby is like?"
    I have never really had one of those - being a gamer from way back, my collection was digital and these issues never occurred to me... (though the similarities are there - each game in it's own folder, arranged in digital rows in alphabetic order on my hdd.....)
    And games far from helping me with my health could be said to have been detrimental - blood pressure rising, air filling with blue language etc etc...

So - in short:
    I'm not alone in this right?

(edit: very happy to be lied to btw if it turns out I am alone )

AVF Regular
    I've passed on my ego and kanger pro tank 1 and 2 equipment, and a little juice, to people interested in trying vaping.
    They helped me to stay off cigarettes.
    Hopefully they'll do the same for the people I give them to.

AVF Regular
    Packing for our move, I maybe have 4 52L tubs of vaping stuffs

Not at all. I'm a self confessed hoarder (trying to change and learn to let things go) who does exactly like yourself. I will give gear away to anyone who needs/wants it, but would never sell anything on the proviso that I or someone may need it one day.
    I keep everything. I make piles in my music room until I cant move in there and then do a big box up to make space for the next wave. I keep things as momentos of times had, people met, places gone, I keep the box that eveything comes in. Oh geez I need help. 😊
    I have made a concious effort in the past probably 2 to 3 years to stop this and have gotten much better at throwing things away.
    I have recently shedded some weight by selling about 10 moving boxes full of collected items on ebay to make some room in the garage. It felt really good to do it, that was until I got so over having to go to the post office every lunch break to post items.
    Skoville likes this.

AVF Regular
    Don't look at me to validate your collecting

I am much too busy looking at my own.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    No.............your not alone! This story reminded me of soth, were you here when he was around? Man you should have seen that collection!
    D1git likes this.

Super Moderator
    nope - not me. Even in my mod whore days, I never had more than about 7 mods at a time. They changed frequently but I always sold one to buy another. If a mod wasn't getting used enough then it was time to sell. I couldn't stand have 100's of dollars of mods sitting around gathering dust.

Cheap stuff I can handle sitting around "just in case". (not that I have much of that either). Even now - I bought a microstick this evening, and I'm tossing up selling one of my three provaris to fund it lol
    Crisscross, Fatman, Nakor and 2 others like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

Super Moderator
    My whole house is dedicated to hoarding in some way or another ... vaping just adds another dimension
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I am a hoarder but when it comes to vaping stuff...no. I have given it all away and have only kept new stuff, even though I don't use it. I have sold some of my new stuff cheap to new vapers but will keep the first ZMax that I ever owned, just because.

I just threw away so much juice, I could have started my own vape shop. Then 308 comes home telling me about some bloke that wanted tobacco flavours, geez louise, could have told me last week end before it all went in the bin!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    My whole house is dedicated to hoarding in some way or another ... vaping just adds another dimension
    I had to excavate and build a basement to store all the stuff in my house so I could finish the reno's off
    There's a dedicated section for vape stuff, that's constantly growing
    Might have to excavate a bit further soon
    Crisscross and Fatman like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast