AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

aga-t5 base and center post misaligned?

I wondering if someone with an AGA-T5 can tell me if they are able to remove the base (ie unscrew the bottom of the AFC chamber).

my centre post screw seems to be misaligned the screw sits at an angle compared to the 510 threading. This is causing the insulator to bulge out on one side - to the point that the insulator is ~0.5 - 0.8mm below the 510 threads.

I can't stand the atomiser on it's 510 connection as it leans and is quite unstable (and ofc with the insulator bulging out it is impossible to stand on the 510 connection at all)

edit: upon inspection the hole in the positive block isn't centred over the hole the centre post comes through. But no idea how to examine how that is attached to the atomiser chamber.
    Last edited by dekeonus; 15-11-14 at 04:31 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeonus View Post
    I wondering if someone with an AGA-T5 can tell me if they are able to remove the base (ie unscrew the bottom of the AFC chamber).

my centre post screw seems to be misaligned the screw sits at an angle compared to the 510 threading. This is causing the insulator to bulge out on one side - to the point that the insulator is ~0.5 - 0.8mm below the 510 threads.

I can't stand the atomiser on it's 510 connection as it leans and is quite unstable (and ofc with the insulator bulging out it is impossible to stand on the 510 connection at all)

edit: upon inspection the hole in the positive block isn't centred over the hole the centre post comes through. But no idea how to examine how that is attached to the atomiser chamber.
    Have you tried returning it to the Vendor? That's if you bought it from a Vendor. I'm certain that - it's not supposed to be like that. With saying that, they do require some patients. Very fiddly. I hope that is the only problem you come across on it.
    Yul Brynner: Whatever you do, don't "Smoke"

AVF Regular
    Did it come like that? If so return it. The bottom does unscrew. Actually, they are a damn sight less fiddly than most tanks.

AVF Regular
    The screw in the 510 goes all the way up through the positive block. The screw comes right out and the bottom part comes right off then you can realign the positive block and put the screw back in so it threads back up through it. I took it out by accident a couple of times, its just a bit of a pain to get the positive block to stay in place whilst you get the screw back in.

No can't separate the base from the AFC: vice grips dented the base, still wont budge. Was being very careful to only grip the very bottom and not the AFC ring as well .
    I can remove the centre pin and insulators but not the positive block.
    Put the insulators in swapping the bottom for the top; improved the situation somewhat - the bulging hasn't reoccurred yet, but given that the pin is still off centre I expect it will happen again.

I've put a ticket in with VK guess I'll have to wait to see what they say.

Mine most definitely unscrews, but it has somehow stuck itself to the top cap of my stingray clone. I have tried nearly everything to separate them, barring some kind of wrench/vice combo :/ Must have another go one of these days...

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinks View Post
    Mine most definitely unscrews, but it has somehow stuck itself to the top cap of my stingray clone. I have tried nearly everything to separate them, barring some kind of wrench/vice combo :/ Must have another go one of these days...
    I presume the centre pin unscrewed at the same time.

Nope, pin is still is the base. The very bottom of the atty is just adhered to the mod. Not much to grip onto to unstick it :/