Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By vapesnake
  • 1 Post By vapesnake
  • 1 Post By fungusfiend

Thread: MVP V2.0 w/ Aspire Nautilus Help

MVP V2.0 w/ Aspire Nautilus Help

Hey Guys!

Just a quick question, a few days ago I got my iTaste MVP v2 and Aspire Nautilus, and I'm wondering why it's not as an enjoyable experience as people have mentioned?

What settings on the MVP do you use with the Nautilus? I'm using a PG70/VG30 ratio and I'm having little to no vapor or flavor on full airflow.

Am i doing something wrong?
    JWH likes this.

JWH
    AVF Regular
    You may have a dud stock coil, try changing it....
    8.5 - 11w you should get a nice vape.
    Quite often the coils that come with the unit will be faulty, well that's what I have found anyhow.
    Are you using bvc coils or bdc?
    Last edited by JWH; 18-11-14 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JWH View Post
    You may have a dud stock coil, try changing it....
    8.5 - 11w you should get a nice vape.
    Quite often the coils that come with the unit will be faulty, well that's what I have found anyhow.
    Are you using bvc coils or bdc?
    Hmmm, good point. I'll switch them over when I get home. - I'm using BVC Coils, purchased a few extra when I bought the Nautilus.

I'll post back with my "findings" when I switch the coils over.
    JWH likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vapesnake View Post
    Hmmm, good point. I'll switch them over when I get home. - I'm using BVC Coils, purchased a few extra when I bought the Nautilus.

I'll post back with my "findings" when I switch the coils over.
    I've noticed with a lot of my naut coils that I will get a nasty taste and no vapour to begin with... which I believe is due to the coil not initially wicking.- put your fingers over the airhole/close the airhole off, then give it a few hard pulls/sucks (due to the closed airflow, this will force juice from the tank into the coil). Once this wicking process has been kick-started, everything is dandy.
    ---Juice Junkie​---

Quote Originally Posted by inertiacreeping View Post
    I've noticed with a lot of my naut coils that I will get a nasty taste and no vapour to begin with... which I believe is due to the coil not initially wicking.- put your fingers over the airhole/close the airhole off, then give it a few hard pulls/sucks (due to the closed airflow, this will force juice from the tank into the coil). Once this wicking process has been kick-started, everything is dandy.
    Thanks Mo! I'll give this a shot before I change coils.

Hi Vapesnake, I have the same setup. With the 1.8 ohm coils i vape them at 11 watts in the MVP 2.0

Sometimes with new coils it just need to be properly wicked up as suggested by inertiacreeping and it'll be good to go.

Cheers -d-

Ive had dramas with my Naut too. I have found these tips help:

1. When dropping in a new coil, put a few drops of juice in the coil. Not too much, just enough to wet the wick and filler. Let the coils soak in your filled tank for 5-10 mins before your first toot. Helps to avoid burning fresh coils
    2. To avoid the f'n flooding problem, close off the airhole before even unscrewing to refill, and don't open it up again until you're finished refilling and the tank is screwed back down. Also, only ever use the largest airflow hole, particularly if you ever use high VG.

Not sure why you're not getting flavour, but i'd be inclined to agree that it's the wicking problem.
    disley likes this.
    Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, to rain on the roof and instant coffee, to unemployment insurance and library cards, to absinthe and good-hearted landlords, to music and warm bodies and contraceptives… and to the “good life”, whatever it is and wherever it happens to be.” - HST