Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JV321

Thread: Noob quiestion: Atlantis on the way - How to power it

AVF Regular

Noob quiestion: Atlantis on the way - How to power it

(yep should be "question" in the subject line - awkward)

I ordered an aspire atlantis today which will arrive in a day or two. Unfortunately, the vendor didn't have the aspire sub ohm battery/mod yet. Appeal is there for me as not knowing a huge amount in regards to battery safety/sub ohming.

In the mean time, I've got a clone king mech mod in the drawer which I've only used a couple of times before I decided not to mess with it too much because I discovered I wasn't educated enough on them at the time.

My question is, for the short term at least (a few days until I get the aspire sub ohm mod/battery), would MNKE IMR 18650 1500mAh Flat Top Battery work in a mech mod when powering the 0.5 ohm coil that comes in the Atlantis?

If there is any obvious issues with that battery, would it be purely performance, or would it a safety issue?

Any advice is appreciated.
    Last edited by JV321; 18-11-14 at 05:00 PM.

No probs You will draw 10a on .5 ohm from a mech ,that rated at 25A so go for it

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfnut View Post
    No probs You will draw 10a on .5 ohm from a mech ,that rated at 25A so go for it
    Perfect thanks!

Aspire Atlantis please tell
    Would luv to get one from were did you buy?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Peekay View Post
    Got the tank from House of Vape, and got the Aspire sub ohm battery from VapourEyes. The 2 pair beautifully. I've had no experience in sub ohming/rebuildables/dripping prior, and it's a whole new level of vaping. Flavor and vapor is awesome! One downside is that the tank only holds 2ml (1.8 by some accounts) and it sucks juice like crazy. Prob gone through at least 8ml today since noon. Other than that for $90 bucks it's a clear winner.
    Peekay likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have just gotten a Mech Mod MCR 101 and was wondering how many volts/watts it fires and if I can put an Atlantis tank on it.

Also, can i put any atty on there?
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CCVaper View Post
    I have just gotten a Mech Mod MCR 101 and was wondering how many volts/watts it fires and if I can put an Atlantis tank on it.

Also, can i put any atty on there?
    any atty with a 510 connection.
    as for the ohms on the atty it depends what battery you will be using
    RIP 22.12.2016

Quote Originally Posted by Peekay View Post
    I suggest you heaven gifts, a solid vendor get all you need, lol...why don't you wait till the black friday? Vendor gonna to have a sale party that time!

Quote Originally Posted by JV321 View Post
    Got the tank from House of Vape, and got the Aspire sub ohm battery from VapourEyes. The 2 pair beautifully. I've had no experience in sub ohming/rebuildables/dripping prior, and it's a whole new level of vaping. Flavor and vapor is awesome! One downside is that the tank only holds 2ml (1.8 by some accounts) and it sucks juice like crazy. Prob gone through at least 8ml today since noon. Other than that for $90 bucks it's a clear winner.
    When u take the base off to fill, remove coil and install in chimney then back off 1.5 turns, then fill right up then install base,have not measured it but u get heaps in
    Golf