Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Squape(r)

AVF Regular

Squape(r)

First impressions:

The "s" deck is too damn small. I've never wound a coil on a 5/64 (2mm) drill bit before. Even that bit didn't quite fit in the deck. Either way it is the easiest build I have ever done.

Really, I can't over state how easy this deck is to build on. It's an absolute cinch.

Went with 8T of 26G Kanthal = 0.9 Ohm. Muji cotton. Using a VTC5 battery hot off the charger ~ 17W. It crackles and pops loudly but no dry hits or leaks from my chain vaping so far.

Wide open it has excellent air flow. Better than my Magma.

Warmish vape. Just right, not too hot. Plenty of flavour, better than my Kayfun but not quite up to my dual coil Magma builds. Clouds are acceptable but it's not going to win any comps. More than enough for me though.

Guess I'm going to have to shell out for the "w" deck. I cant imagine winding mesh so tightly but I might give it a go later tonight.

I can easily see this becoming my every day carry vape.
    Last edited by Sponky; 18-11-14 at 06:48 PM.

AVF Regular
    They are a great atty to build on and you will luv the W deck,if you chuck on a shorter DT the flavor gets better as well

AVF Regular
    Cheers for the tip (pun!), I'll get one when I order the W deck.

Can't find any W decks in stock in Aus though

AVF Regular
    Sounds good, mine should hit my door step towmorrow I got a W deck and the 3.5 mL tank as well. Cant wait.....
    Last edited by adam6179; 18-11-14 at 10:20 PM.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    ...deleted
    Last edited by oneANT; 01-03-16 at 11:50 PM.

AVF Regular
    Ha! That's great Ant.

I wound up and oxidised some 500 s/s mesh and managed to get it in the same coil as I was using for the cotton on the s deck. It was a bastard to get rid of the micro coil hot spots and get a nice even glow but perseverance paid off eventually.

No leaks and the tank is half full so if it was going to leak this is the worst time. So far so good. The mesh is rolled super tight. Perhaps too tight as the vapour production has dropped off very slightly - but no dry hits.

It has completely changed the flavour of the liquid compared to cotton. So much smoother. This is damn near perfect.

EDIT: Vapour production has improved. Wicking nicely now.
    Last edited by Sponky; 19-11-14 at 06:12 PM.
    Toddosh likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponky View Post
    Ha! That's great Ant.

I wound up and oxidised some 500 s/s mesh and managed to get it in the same coil as I was using for the cotton on the s deck. It was a bastard to get rid of the micro coil hot spots and get a nice even glow but perseverance paid off eventually.

No leaks and the tank is half full so if it was going to leak this is the worst time. So far so good. The mesh is rolled super tight. Perhaps too tight as the vapour production has dropped off very slightly - but no dry hits.

It has completely changed the flavour of the liquid compared to cotton. So much smoother. This is damn near perfect.

EDIT: Vapour production has improved. Wicking nicely now.
    Hey there Sponky any chance of a pic of your mess wick? Im interested in giving it a go.

AVF Regular
    Best I can do with my phone camera:

Took a couple of goes to get that last one and it was drying out a bit by then.
    adam6179, Therealjoe and oneANT like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    ...deleted
    Last edited by oneANT; 01-03-16 at 11:51 PM.

Wish i could afford one its a thing of beauty. Should come with a W deck for the price though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast