Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Egrip problem, disgusting taste.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6

    Egrip problem, disgusting taste.

    Hello there im a newb vaper and my friends bought me an egrip as starter. Now i filled it up fully last night after using it for the past 2 days and it was amazing. But when i filled it completely yesterday i spilled some and it started to leak a little bit. But that wasnt the worst thing, thr worst thing was the disgusting burned plastic taste.

    I tried everything to fix it (removing liquid, dry it, blowing through, putting it on with no liquid to burn the leftovers etc) even replacing the coil but that didnt work. Im clueless in what to do? Did i just ruin a 80 euro device in 2 days? Or can i fix this?

    Ps i also hear bubbles cracking when i smoke it suddenly
    Last edited by Rezyuz; 19-11-14 at 09:07 AM.

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    North Shore, NSW
    Posts
    435
    What wattage are you vaping at roughly?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6
    8, everything above it makes me cough like i had my first cig!

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    North Shore, NSW
    Posts
    435
    What sort of juice are you using? That could possibly be a factor. I've had Dekang juices before burn coils in less than a day so it could just be burning the coils constantly from crappy juice. Or, you are sucking too hard and chain vaping, not letting the coils keep up.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by JV321 View Post
    What sort of juice are you using? That could possibly be a factor. I've had Dekang juices before burn coils in less than a day so it could just be burning the coils constantly from crappy juice. Or, you are sucking too hard and chain vaping, not letting the coils keep up.

    Jiksu dekang 16 ml usa mix dont even know what it is i assume a pg vg mix.

    I dont know whats considered chain vaping but im not constantly using it just like i use a sigarette once every 30 mij a few medium long drags.

    If i send it back to joye its gone for 2-3 weeks and im really scared k will start smoking again. So im looking for a more home like solution to maybe clean it or get all the liquid out (maybe it got in holes it shouldnt as its crackeling bubbles when i vape)

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    North Shore, NSW
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezyuz View Post
    Jiksu dekang 16 ml usa mix dont even know what it is i assume a pg vg mix.

    I dont know whats considered chain vaping but im not constantly using it just like i use a sigarette once every 30 mij a few medium long drags.

    If i send it back to joye its gone for 2-3 weeks and im really scared k will start smoking again. So im looking for a more home like solution to maybe clean it or get all the liquid out (maybe it got in holes it shouldnt as its crackeling bubbles when i vape)
    Try a different branded juice. Every flavor of Dekang I've ever tried on any ecig has burnt the coils in a day or two regardless of what hardware I'm using. I'm assuming you are buying the liquid from China, probably healthcabin or heavens gifts. Try Liqua instead if you want to go the "from china" route. I must have spent maybe $300+ on different tanks and mods trying to work out what the issue is before realizing nothing was wrong with any of them, it was that specific branded juice. (Don't know if others have had a problem with Dekang, just talking about personal experience).

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6
    Yeah but my current coil was bad from thesecond i put it in also tough

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    North Shore, NSW
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezyuz View Post
    Yeah but my current coil was bad from thesecond i put it in also tough
    The dekang juice does a bad job of soaking up into the coils for whatever reason IMHO, so it could be resulting in dry hits.

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezyuz View Post
    Hello there im a newb vaper and my friends bought me an egrip as starter. Now i filled it up fully last night after using it for the past 2 days and it was amazing. But when i filled it completely yesterday i spilled some and it started to leak a little bit. But that wasnt the worst thing, thr worst thing was the disgusting burned plastic taste.

    I tried everything to fix it (removing liquid, dry it, blowing through, putting it on with no liquid to burn the leftovers etc) even replacing the coil but that didnt work. Im clueless in what to do? Did i just ruin a 80 euro device in 2 days? Or can i fix this?

    Ps i also hear bubbles cracking when i smoke it suddenly
    Did you clean the battery terminal as well? Sometimes juice and dirt can get onto the contact metal where you screw the clearomiser on and when you inhale air moves over and the taste/smell can contaminate the juice.

    I would also change the coil, you may have burnt the new one straight away as well. And turn the wattage right down low on the eGrip and increase it slowly with a new coil, fresh juice, clean clearo and clean battery terminals. If al that fails it could be the a fault of the device firing at very high voltage or something?
    Skoville likes this.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,450
    Gday Rezuz. I have no experience with the Egrip but if I was you I would carefully wash out the insides where the juice goes with water & also wash the atomiser then pat them dry with a paper towel. I would then take your spare atomiser & & drip some juice onto the slots on the side to make sure the coil has plenty of juice in it. Reassemble the Egrip & fill it up through the small holes where you lift the flap on the side of the Egrip. Don't overfill for now just fill enough so the juice is covering the glass window. Then stand the Egrip up & let it sit for a few mins & make doubly sure you have set the watts to 8watts, I imagine with the 20W mark being next to the 8W mark that a mistake could happen. The 8W mark should be closest to the little light that comes on when you press the fire button. Good luck with it mate as it looks to be a great unit.
    Skoville likes this.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 07:30 AM.