Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: The Aspire Atlantis Sub ohm tank thread

Jas
    AVF Regular

The Aspire Atlantis Sub ohm tank thread

Well i thought i would start this thread up due to the massive hype of the new Atlantis sub-ohm tank by Aspire. I am an aspire /beyond vape pig as many of you already know, So i thought Tonight we can get this up and running for anyone who has already purchased and received and Atlantis and to seee what your individual thoughts are. My arm has been pulled once again by kingy from HOV so i should have my Atlantis by Friday and will post my initial thoughts on it. To quickly clarify i am not a sub ohm vaper but the Atlantis looks sick and also does the aspire sub ohm 22mm batts. I'll most likely have to get a juice thats 6mg if I'm going to try this beast out, coz my normal 18mg or even 12mg would most likely rip my lungs apart. Im more in this for the looks and build of the tank and sub ohm batt, coupled together and also most important the flavour!!
    chasing the morning clouds would be a second for me, if it happens it happens but i will be more interested in the coil design and how well it will wick and give a full flavoursome vape.

So shoot away at your own will, those who have already experienced the Atlantis. It would be great to hear your thoughts on the all in all performance of the tank and coil and also if you were a 12-18mg vaper for a long time how did you find lung hitting the massive slit of a beast on the atlantis. PG/VG ratios nic ratio e.t.c e.t.c. No holds barred here.

P.S Another big shout out to kingy from HOV for being one of the first vendors in the world to stock the Atlantis.
    Great work son!
    lheamfrg, jim2020 and frontier6770 like this.
    The Glock 9mm has a historic legacy of reliability, performance, Power and perfection

Vaping has just become apart of life, It will always be there until the very end.
    Official Vanilla custard extremist and connoisseur.

AVF Regular
    Got mine today from HOV and absolutely love it. Just as good as a dripper in my opinion. The flavour is rich and the vapor is thick and moist, and the clouds oh the clouds. The coils wick perfectly doesn't mater how much your chain vaping it just keeps up.
    The tank only fills from the bottom and you can only fill it up just above the half way mark, because of the way the chimney is designed with the slots cut out. A good work around is to screw the coil onto the chimney first all the way till it stops, back it off 1 rotation and then fill to just under the lip of the pyrex tank. Screw the base on and voila! Full tank

I vape 6mg on the drip and 12 in a tank. I put 6mg in the Atlantis and I'm very satisfied with that.
    I hit it at 30W 4.2V and I thought WOW i'm impressed. Well I pumped it up to 35W 4.5V and straight away said to myself...finally the search is over!
    Chubby fingers, bad eyesight, and no patients has made building and wicking coils a real chore. This is so much easier for the same result...Minimum input for maximum output, this is how it makes me feel.

Aspire have raised the bar on this one. Even with the Nautilus series, very hard for the other players to compete, even catch up at this point.

Last edited by jim2020; 19-11-14 at 11:42 PM.
    kingsr, Jas, Melbournite and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for that jim2020.

Just wondering how long a tank lasts you, and how easy it is to fill with a normal pointed bottle nozzle?

Jas
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jim2020 View Post
    Got mine today from HOV and absolutely love it. Just as good as a dripper in my opinion. The flavour is rich and the vapor is thick and moist, and the clouds oh the clouds. The coils wick perfectly doesn't mater how much your chain vaping it just keeps up.
    The tank only fills from the bottom and you can only fill it up just above the half way mark, because of the way the chimney is designed with the slots cut out. A good work around is to screw the coil onto the chimney first all the way till it stops, back it off 1 rotation and then fill to just under the lip of the pyrex tank. Screw the base on and voila! Full tank

I vape 6mg on the drip and 12 in a tank. I put 6mg in the Atlantis and I'm very satisfied with that.
    I hit it at 30W 4.2V and I thought WOW i'm impressed. Well I pumped it up to 35W 4.5V and straight away said to myself...finally the search is over!
    Chubby fingers, bad eyesight, and no patients has made building and wicking coils a real chore. This is so much easier for the same result...Minimum input for maximum output, this is how it makes me feel.

Aspire have raised the bar on this one. Even with the Nautilus series, very hard for the other players to compete, even catch up at this point.
    Assume feedback Jim! Looks like even a veteran coil builder like yourself has given this a huge thumbs up and put it on par with a heavy DIY sub-ohm rebuild.
    So 6mg in the Atlantis with the 0.5ohm coil does you well. What to do think if you wacked in 12mg in the Atlantis with the 0.5ohm coil and hit it at 30W. For arguments sake lets just say its the Solara dna 30 at 30 watts with 12mg in the atlantis?
    The Glock 9mm has a historic legacy of reliability, performance, Power and perfection

Vaping has just become apart of life, It will always be there until the very end.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournite View Post
    Thanks for that jim2020.

Just wondering how long a tank lasts you, and how easy it is to fill with a normal pointed bottle nozzle?
    I'm getting a full hour plus with a full tank, but dont forget first day and i'm hitting this thing so hard and so often.
    Im filling it up from a glass dropper with no problems at all. As easy as filling the nautilus large or silo. The base unscrews very easily as well so no problem there.

Follow up I have filled the tank up 4 times from 3:30pm to 11:30pm twice with the half fill and twice with the full fill method.
    Last edited by jim2020; 19-11-14 at 11:35 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Assume feedback Jim! Looks like even a veteran coil builder like yourself has given this a huge thumbs up and put it on par with a heavy DIY sub-ohm rebuild.
    So 6mg in the Atlantis with the 0.5ohm coil does you well. What to do think if you wacked in 12mg in the Atlantis with the 0.5ohm coil and hit it at 30W. For arguments sake lets just say its the Solara dna 30 at 30 watts with 12mg in the atlantis?
    Cloud chaser :giggle:

:coat:
    kingsr, Jas and jim2020 like this.

AVF Regular
    Jas I got a funny feeling 18 or even 12 is going to be to harsh. This thing is meant for direct lung inhales i'm afraid if your planing to use it as mouth to lung it probably wont be as good as the silo. 30W on the solara will give you 4.2V so you will have a very satisfying vape. Just when you go that little bit extra to 35-40 then your in for a treat!
    Jas likes this.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    Cloud chaser :giggle:

:coat:
    Flavour habib, flavour.....

:double coat:

Jas
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jim2020 View Post
    Jas I got a funny feeling 18 or even 12 is going to be to harsh. This thing is meant for direct lung inhales i'm afraid if your planing to use it as mouth to lung it probably wont be as good as the silo. 30W on the solara will give you 4.2V so you will have a very satisfying vape. Just when you go that little bit extra to 35-40 then your in for a treat!
    Cheers jim, I think that 18mg will put me in hospital and 12mg will give me a panic attack if I'm lung hitting on the massive slit lol!

Got some 6mg coming so i'll see how a lung hit goes at 30watts, 4.2V on the solara.

AVF Regular
    There is no stealth vaping with this one guys. My little guilty pleasure for after a hard day at work. Nautilus mini on the istick for everywhere else.
    Jas and fungusfiend like this.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast